Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy Track Day
matt_claydon

posted on 17/2/04 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Indy Track Day

Hi everyone,

I took my Indy to Castle Combe on Saturday and despite the wet start had a great time. The car performed superbly and other than a recurring problem I'm having with the alternator pivot bolt the car withstood the day's abuse perfectly.

You can see some pictures here: http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?20040214BatCas&GRP_1_RED&F270_THY&1

I will post some in-car and external video clips when I've got round to editing them.

I would thouroughly recommend taking your car to a track to anybody, it was one of the best days driving I've ever had, and for £150 (130 if I'd booked earlier) I think it's pretty good value considering the cost of building the car.

Cheers,
Matt.

timcrasher

posted on 18/2/04 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
trackdays

I couldn't aggree with you more. Trackdays are just amazing fun for the money. I am so close to finishing my car it hurts.
I've been using a knackered old XR2 for trackdays until I could get my Indy finished, and I am addicted to the track.
I have one question for you though !
Are you a landscape gardener by trade and thought that the grass wanted cutting, or were you just getting a bit excited?
Car looks good in action
Cheer, Tim

matt_claydon

posted on 18/2/04 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
My only defence is that it was very wet!! (Spinning off at 60+ mph is pretty exciting though :-) )

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.