Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration
TPG

posted on 6/4/04 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Registration

POX!POX!POX!Arse!POX!.Went to my local dvla office today.Wanting to get a 'plate issued.All saved up etc.Sva ticket.Mot etc etc."Do you have the Vin inspection note/form?"they ask."Kek?".You know when the chassis/vin was inspected."
"It's been inspected by the sva centre and its written on the ticket there."
"Oh no we need to inspect it as well."
"Kek?.Aren't the sva centre trust worthy?"
"Well,we have to look also."
"Arse!"
To be fair the local office were helpful(Leeds) and very appologetic about the ill informed tossers at swansea who miss directed me.Now awaiting a Dvla inspection.All I was trying to do was give them money for registering.Money for tax and the future promise of more money for tax.I've already given them money for Sva.Money for Mot................
Is it me?.........

..Which was nice..

JoelP

posted on 6/4/04 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
i suspect they are a bit concerned about the thought of a laughing pig driving a nice kit car. you cant blame them really...!

TPG

posted on 6/4/04 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I'll have a even bigger smile/laugh once I get it on the road!!!!.Anyway at least I'm brave enouh to post pictures of my better half...........Ah Ha!Maybe I should take her into the dvla without makeup.

..Which was nice..

JoelP

posted on 6/4/04 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
lol! at least these are just the minor hurdles thrown at you along the way, the major stuff can fade to bad memories...

TPG

posted on 7/4/04 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
But other obstructions during the build,Minor or otherwise I have been legally able to remove them with a hammer or anglegrinder,or just beat them to a plup,And felt a lot better after.

..Which was nice..

Fifer

posted on 7/4/04 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting as my DVLA office in Aberdeen gave me the form to fill in and advised that they will get the SVA man to confirm to them !
Wish they all had the same song sheet

paulf

posted on 7/4/04 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
The Northants local office at Swansea told me just to make my own vin and stamp it on chassis. I did this and now the actual northants office tell me i have to have a chassis inspection and they have to issue the vin . The trouble is the inspector has been sick for a month and I cant drive the car to them so will have to wait or trailer it there.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by Fifer
Interesting as my DVLA office in Aberdeen gave me the form to fill in and advised that they will get the SVA man to confirm to them !
Wish they all had the same song sheet

stephen_gusterson

posted on 7/4/04 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
thats about what I got Paul - they want you to take the car to northampton for a vin to be issued. Dunno if they do a home visit tho - trailering wont be cheap....

atb

steve

[Edited on 7/4/04 by stephen_gusterson]

David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/04 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Amazing...

As I've said elsewhere, the efficiency of my local office has staggered me - my car's been looked at and number checked, receipts checked and various other details discussed and agreed. I haven't even booked my SVA yet!

All I'll have to do after the SVA is take my MOT, MAC, insurance and money to the local office and I'll be finished.

Mind you, the trouble with getting everyone to sing from the same hymn sheet is that they'll take the most awkward PITA office and insist that all the rest should match them...

David

[Edited on 9/4/04 by David Jenkins]

Mk-Ninja

posted on 8/4/04 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
David youve got me worried now. Do you need an MOT?
Ive just had mine done but didnt bother to get the cert because my cousin was doing it as a freeby.

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

David Jenkins

posted on 8/4/04 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I believe that you DON'T need an MOT, even though my local DVLA bloke says that I do. However, as I'm getting one anyway I thought that I wouldn't make waves.

David

stephen_gusterson

posted on 8/4/04 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
genral wisdom is to get one or plod or the local tax post office might not understand....

plus its a good shakedown of the car prior to sva

atb

steve

Mk-Ninja

posted on 8/4/04 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. I didnt both with the certificate, I better call in an get them to make one out to be on the safe side.

timcrasher

posted on 8/4/04 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
MOT

Hi, Ninja,
How did you get on with your emmission settings. Did you get anywhere with your fine tuning?
Cheers
Tim

Mk-Ninja

posted on 8/4/04 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim

They said the CO was fine but the HC was marginal, they also commented that for certain engines they allow them to run at higher revs with an increased HC figure.
It was still a pass for emisions on a cat MOT test so happy realy. Just hope the SVA man is as helpfull.
By the way I am running with the original air box turned through 90deg and a CAT in the silencer.

HTH Gordon

paulf

posted on 8/4/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Steve originally they were going to visit me but the inspector is ill. If i wait until he returns to work then he will come to me.However as i have nearly finished building a trailer i will probably take it there.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
thats about what I got Paul - they want you to take the car to northampton for a vin to be issued. Dunno if they do a home visit tho - trailering wont be cheap....

atb

steve

[Edited on 7/4/04 by stephen_gusterson]

TPG

posted on 14/4/04 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
Update

Exspecting (Spelling isn't correct is it ?)D.V.L.A inspector tommorrow(Thursday 15th ish I think(Thats Nights 4 U))regrards V.I.N check.Not bad service considering Bank holiday etc etc.Fingers crossed.

..Which was nice..

TPG

posted on 15/4/04 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Dvla person arrived today.TAX & PLATES NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Oh Yesh.Watch this space.

..Which was nice..

Northy

posted on 15/4/04 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.