Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ive done me time !!
Volvorsport

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
ive done me time !!

today i completed my speed awareness course !!

quite enjoyable really , one fit bird and a load of old buggers .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

blakep82

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
you criminals digust me

how fit was she? we need photos

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Volvorsport

posted on 7/1/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
mobile phones not allowed .

we were all innocent !!!

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk

scootz

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Can't believe they didn't lock you up and throw away the key!

You would NEVER catch me speeding (see what I did there!).

It's Evolution Baby!

alistairolsen

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Beats a 12 month ban and resit thats for sure

My Build Thread

rickys2000

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Speed awareness....I have one booked for the 19th of this month.... I thought it was a driving experience day
blakep82

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
mobile phones not allowed .

we were all innocent !!!

uh, huh! innocent eh? thats why you were all on this speed awareness course eh? well, i've never been sent on one lol never been caught

you people make me sick except the hot bird there. she was most definitely wrongly accused

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

corrado vr6

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Done one of these not so long ago, actually found it quite interesting learnt a few things to!

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

mistergrumpy

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

one fit bird and a load of old buggers

I'm guessing you're not a fit bird so....

A1

posted on 7/1/10 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
but theyll come down on anyone whos done it much harder the next time they catch you
Volvorsport

posted on 7/1/10 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
apparently not - speeding will be FPN and 60 sheets .

anyway , it was a bit of MILF , now just imagine .

the biggest part of it was the dead band of 35-40 mph which most of us will quite happily sit at on urban roads , where the injuries recieved would be very serious or death for pedestrians .

and lots of common sense about awareness , looking further down the road etc . something i like to think i do ok at , but obviously not good enough on the day i got nicked .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk

blakep82

posted on 8/1/10 at 01:07 AM Reply With Quote
common sense and awareness should teach stupid people not to walk out in the middle of the road when cars are driving up to them

keithice

posted on 8/1/10 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I did the awareness driving course a couple of years ago... I discovered three things... out of a room of twenty eight people, I was the only one to think I was a bad driver(we
were all bad drivers or we wouldn't have been in that room) Secondly, I was the only one who read the highway code more than twice... and thirdly they adjust the truth and the statistics to suit themselves and are not keen when you correct them...

Smile and wave boys.... Smile and wave....

Rek

posted on 8/1/10 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Where I work there are speed awareness and also longer driver improvement courses in the same building. For the Speed awareness multiply the number of people on your course (9-15 here) by 3 times a day and then 6 days a week... someone's doing well financially.

[Edited on 8/1/10 by Rek]

JoelP

posted on 8/1/10 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
common sense and awareness should teach stupid people not to walk out in the middle of the road when cars are driving up to them

people make mistakes! We shouldnt just accept that the price of a mistake is your life, drivers should be taking efforts to make up for other peoples mistakes.

Irony

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

Totally Agree with this man!!!! My girlfriend lives in central London and at Zebra Crossings she'll just walk out because 'she has the right of way'. My argument being she may have the right of way but if some fella runs her down she'll be broken in a heap. But she'll still have the right of way. Silly Moo!

Ninehigh

posted on 9/1/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of a road safety advert I had in mind:

Boxing ring, in the red corner is 12 stone of pedestrian. In the blue corner is 1.2 metric tons of Mondeo.
Ding Ding!
Bang
One dead pedestrian.

The winner, and recipient of a driving ban, the Mondeo.
The loser, and recipient of a funeral, the pedestrian!

They did a similar thing with trains, pointing out that you splattering on the front of one makes no difference to the train.

Ahhh the number of people I had to remind that my car weighs more than a ton and if I hit them they'll be more hurt than me.

T66

posted on 10/1/10 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine (honest) was on hioliday in Cheshire , his wife was driving and got pinged by the speed camera.

They live Durham and she had to do her course in Cheshire, obviously to ensure the cash hit Cheshire council instead of Durham.

So they both ended up back in Cheshire the night before the course in a B&B ready for her to do the course in the morning.

So you live in Macrahanish and set off a speed camera in Cornwall and you drive for a living and want to avoid the points, thats a long haul to avoid points on your licence.

I may be wrong but this looks a bit scam like to me, or am I just cynical of this wonderful government we have. At the very least its another backdoor fine on decent people while the turds of society please themselves ?

The course should be able to be sat at your home county....

Soapbox slid back under the bed & thanks for listening!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.