Gordon Shedden
Andrew Jordon

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BTCC
BenB

posted on 30/8/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
BTCC

Okay, who's your favorite driver? Just watched the silverstone race (was on holiday when it was on).

For my £0.01 it's Paul O'Neill. Drives cleanly, lots of emotion, personally always liked the car, underdog status etc etc.

Bizarrely my least favorite driver is now ex favourite. I used to think Matt Neal was great because when he was a privateer he drove aruond people. And I was so happy when he did the big one. Now he just drives up behind the car in front, if they're RWD he taps them mid corner, if they're FWD he just cuts a corner to muscle through. Or am I being harsh? But IMHO Neil is one of the most pedestrian drivers out there. Best bit of any race is when someone gives him some of his own medicine. At least at the last race he said "I've probably done worse myself" when shafted from the rear....

On a different point what do you think Plato thinks the Fords are doing? This is (IIRC) the 3rd restrictor the Fords have been given. Are they doing something funky? Or does it just demonstrate that there is a "replacement for displacement" and it's called volumetric efficiency? Presumably they won't worry about emissions so no recirculating system that you could use to accidentally bypass the restrictor..... They do seem fast though!!

Still don't understand why they run some of the BTCC races on short circuits e.g. the short Silverstone circuit. Why not go the whole hog? Seems to be like getting it on with a right tasty sort but making them put a bin bag over their top half. Okay it'll still be enjoyable but why not make the most of the situation and have a go with everything that's there to play with? Oh well

D Beddows

posted on 30/8/10 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
The whole thing has just become a farce in my opinion especialy with no works teams any more and Jason Plato is just confirming what I've always suspected ie that he's a complete t*sser who blames everyone else if he isn't winning rather than just getting on with it

norfolkluego

posted on 30/8/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit I like Plato, a good old fashioned racer, he's not bad at it either.
Agree with you about Neal though, used to like him but now seems to think he has the right to punt anyone off any time he likes, one stint in a works team (riding shotgun to Giovanardi lets be honest) and he suddenly becomes a bit of a nobber IMO.

[Edited on 30/8/10 by norfolkluego]

expatkiwi

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Matt Neal will always run back to Daddys team when he looses out on other drives.

I would like to vote on the poll who I work for just to see how he is doing in the poll but if I am the only one then that will look like I support him..I DONT lol.

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

expatkiwi

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Phew I just voted and I am not the only one

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

adithorp

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I can't be arsed watching it. If want to see that sort of driving I'll just go to the banger racing.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

procomp

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Only ever bother watching to see how local lad Andrew Jordan is getting on. The whole of the BTCC package and support races are a complete farce Except the Porches. Its just crash bang wallop.
It should no longer be branded as motor racing as there's very little of that happening. It's just entertainment involving cars.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
I went from disliking Jason Potato to thinking he's quite a good racer. Handles a car quite nicely....

Still ike the RWD BMWs....

Simon

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Anthony Reid, or is he not doing it anymore.

Haven't followed since MG folded, hardly the btcc with all the foreign stuff in there!

ATB

Simon

joemotion

posted on 31/8/10 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Wouldnt be many cars racing if it was British only makes!
l0rd

posted on 31/8/10 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Voted for Plato just because he used to drive the Renault Laguna on BTCC years ago.
bmseven

posted on 31/8/10 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
A damn site more interesting than the F1 Circus

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

matt.c

posted on 31/8/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
I think plato is just a moaner! He keeps banging on about the fords being quicker.
Yes they may be quicker in a straight line but they use there tyres up more so they loose most of there advantage by the end of the race.

I was at snetterton when plato had no trouble keeping ahead of the fords even with ballast!!

In touring cars it has always been rough. Even the early days they just punt the guy off to get ahead. You take it and you give it back.

Anyway i voted neal as i have been with him all the way from his early days.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.