Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Rectifier\CDI for blade
shortie

posted on 7/7/04 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Rectifier\CDI for blade

Just trying to decide where to mount the various bits for the engine i.e. CDI\rectifier\Starter Relay etc.

I would like to put them on the bit behind the scuttle but the MK piece is a moulded fibreglass piece and I really think they should be mounted onto metal as they can get hot and it would be more sturdy.

Do you guys think riveting a metal plate on top of the fiberglass would be ok if I sit the rectifier and CDI on some small legs or would it be better to cut away the fibreglass on the passenger side and then replace to bottom bit with an aluminium piece?

any help would be appreciated.

ta,
Rich.

Berwyn

posted on 7/7/04 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
The bigger the lump of ali you can mount the regulator on, the better. If it gets too hot it will burn out like many have in BEC's. I ended putting all my electrics, ECU, relays, rectifier, solenoid , on a ali plate mounted under the nose cone. Basically sits behind the rad, horizontally. I think thats where MK have mounted theirs in the past.

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not

Hellfire

posted on 7/7/04 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
We have a sheet of ally just behind the headlight bar to act as a heat sink. The reg/rec, CDI, coils etc are mounted on this. The front edges of the sheet turn downwards in an attempt to pick up cool air through the nosecone and channel it to the reg/rec. Seems OK so far.

Pictures are in Novembers build diary.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.