Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mac#1 Motorsports Announcement
mac1

posted on 19/7/06 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 Motorsports Announcement

Guys ... Thank you all for the great response and support. Obviously Col and I are gutted about what has happened, but we are now working hard to get things back in to shape.

To confirm what has happened, a neighbouring factory set on fire yesterday afternoon, which quickly spread to both ourselves and the adjacent company Direct Plastics. The fire quickly took hold and the factory is now completely gone. We managed to rescue a small amount of our gear, thanks to the quick thinking and speed of DarrenW, Mark and Paul, who mucked in to help us get through it, as well as our neighbours and some total strangers, who we unfortunately didn't get chance to thank properly.

Thank you for all your offers of help in cleaning up etc, but unfortunately most of the work will probably require a JCB.

Our usual number 0114 2619633 is still available, and anyone who needs to speak to us - please do.

Thank you again for your support and best wishes.

Mark & Col

darrenga

posted on 19/7/06 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
i am so sorry to here what as happened,we came down last saturday for the first time,and thought you were brilliant to deal with.i hope you can get back on your feet as quickly as posslble.
darren

mookaloid

posted on 19/7/06 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck guys!

Hope you get back to normal soon.

Cheers

Mark

davida

posted on 19/7/06 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark and Col,

Sorry to hear the news ;-(

If you get things sorted out as fast as you've fixed all my build problems, parts etc then you'll be back on your feet real soon!

Look on the bright side - here's your chance to get a really big unit ;-)

Cheers
Dave

DarrenW

posted on 19/7/06 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
For once in my life i am speechless. Words cannot express how i feel at the moment after witnessing such a devastating event. As i said yesterday your words of thanks are greatly recieved and if you require any help moving forward you only have to ask.

When i first walked into your emporium i was a prospective customer whom you didnt know from Adam. In a very short space of time you have both become great friends. You both have the strength of character that few in the business can match and iam 100% confident that you will come back even stronger than before. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and iam looking forward to visitting your new or temporary premises in the very near future.

I still have those images of you holding your thumb over the end of the hosepipe trying to put out the flames in the roof! At that point something was telling me that running in and out of the building was a bad idea!!! Iam also impressed by how fast a van can reverse - that was like a scene out of a Holloywood stunt movie.

All the best,
Darren.

mac1ZR

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
GOOD LUCK FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY AND A RAPID RE-OPENING,
Chris Marc and Rich

shortie

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Mark & Colin,

It is not often you find customer service such as yours in any line of business. When we first met you didn't know me at all and it made no difference to you whether I had a MAC1 car or not, the advice and help was freely given.

Like has already been mentioned just say the word and people will be only too happy to help whatever the task.

Good luck with getting back on your feet, I'm sure it won't be long!

Rich & Paula

Humbug

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Guys - I just hope that you are all OK. It's really bad news for you, but I am sure that you'll get up and running again and be as successful as ever... as long as the insurance people don't drag their heels.

Good luck

Cheers,

Simon

phil m

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
colin and mark-------really sorry to read this news today. I really hope that you get through this and get mac1 back to business

best wishes phil mcguire

donut

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Jeeeeze!! I'm gutted for you guy's. Hope you can get back on your feet real soon.

Very best of luck.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyharding

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear the bad news chaps

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

ash_hammond

posted on 19/7/06 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark and Col

Really gutted to hear the news.

Fingers and Toes are crossed for you guys, hope you get MAC#1 motorsport up and running and returned to its former glory.

Good Luck :-)

Ash

TangoMan

posted on 19/7/06 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Very sorry to hear of this. At least with the customer loyalty you have, it should not be too long before the Phoenix arrives.

Let's look forward to the new and improved Mac1 Motorsports

Slater

posted on 19/7/06 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mark/Colin
I can't imagine what it must be like watching your factory/business go up in smoke. You must be absolutly gutted and probably in a state of shock.

Your approach to customers is the best I have come across. I had not even placed an order with you, but you've spent time helping me out with many questions.
I was planning to come to your Factory open day on 17th Sept and place an order.
I still want a MAC#1 (or 2) so I'll wait till you get sorted out, come and visit and place my order.

Hope this helps in some small way.

Keith.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

tom_loughlin

posted on 19/7/06 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
I know its only going through what others have said, But I dont think you can praise you guys enough.
I havent been building a mac#1, but have ordered a few bits, and the customer service is impeccable - I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time at all.

All the best guys

Tom

Hellfire

posted on 19/7/06 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi to you both...

Despite only having met you once (and Chippy) and only having bought a few things from you, I can collectively state that we are very sorry to hear of this bad news. Thankfully you are ok, material possessions can be replaced.

Good luck refitting your new/replacement workshop you were both very welcoming to us all.

ATB Steve (Phil & Keith)

pewe

posted on 19/7/06 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear of your problems.
I too had a similar experience.
Two things to bear in mind in the coming days/months:-
1) You will get through it!
2) Don't let your insurance company try to take you to the cleaners!
All the best for a speedy recovery.
Cheers Pewe.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 19/7/06 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Was shocked to hear the news and glad to hear your OK.
We wish you the best and hope you get a workshop soon.
Gonna double check my insurance.....

All the best MANGO

PAUL FISHER

posted on 19/7/06 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
So very sorry to hear the bad news lads,don't no what to say,that has not been already said,just onwards and upwards guys,look at making your new place even better.

all the best Paul

esn163

posted on 19/7/06 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Very sorry to hear this news. Good luck guys as said before your advice and customer service is probably one of / the best out of all the kit car companies we have dealt with and we are not even building a MAC#1! Good luck with the rebuild.

ATB

Ed

Indy Build Photos
** Build pages **
Photo Bucket Pics

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 19/7/06 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
I've never dealt with your company, but from the responses on here, you deserve all the luck in the world. Hope you are back in business soon guys.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

ch1ll1

posted on 19/7/06 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
GOOD LUCK
hope you get going again very soon

marc n

posted on 19/7/06 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to haer the news guys hope you get it all sorted

mnr sportscars

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Andy W

posted on 19/7/06 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to here about the fire.
Even though I wasn't building a mac 1 when a rang you a cuple of years ago, you took the time to help me track down a guy selling a dash I was looking for. With that kind of attitude to people I'm sure you'll be up and running again in no time.

Good luck for the future

Andy

INDY BIRD

posted on 19/7/06 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Colin and mark great guys and a pleasure to do business with, very sorry to here what has happened.

but they will be like the mark morrisson song (return of the mac)

i hope in no time atall they deserve better.

From the 2 brothers goodluck

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.