Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fire photos - may disturb some - especially coffee drinkers
jos

posted on 21/7/06 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Fire photos - may disturb some - especially coffee drinkers

Some photos of factory following the fire.

Be warned soem of you may be distressed when looking at these - especially those who like mocco chocolatattes whateverthehellyoucallthem espressos

View from outside

Outside
Outside

View inside

Workshop
Workshop

And worst of all, one of the beloved coffee machines

Coffee macine
Coffee macine

To make matters worse, Mark says he thinks theres still 20p credit in it, and he's gasping for a cuppa. !!!

[Edited on 21/7/06 by jos]

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

splitrivet

posted on 21/7/06 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of the time a mate of mine who had two wooden legs house caught fire,the fire brigade saved the house but he was burnt to the ground, to add insult to injury that afternoon the bobbies had him for arsing about.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

shortie

posted on 21/7/06 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
The fire is one thing but not the coffee machine!!!!!

I assume that's the first thing the insurance will be asked to pay out on and don't forget to tell them it still had 20p in it.

Rich.

muzchap

posted on 21/7/06 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Dam :-(

There's a spare Luego unit in Peterborough!

Looks like a nightmare - top work to the lads in getting stuff out - any ETA's on when the insurance company will sort?

The plus side a nice new shiny MAC#1 and a NEW COFFEE machine (maybe free-vend???)

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!
------------------------------------

fesycresy

posted on 21/7/06 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I bet as soon as they get a new machine Mark will take the Cappuccino sticker off again.

Perhaps they should retire the machine and employ a nice nubile blonde to make the tea ?

Only a suggestion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

DarrenW

posted on 21/7/06 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
OMG Those pics have just sent a cold shiver down my spine. As you can imagine whilst that was happening the Police weer keeping everyone out of the way. Later i took some pics of the factory next door still ablaze. I havent got the heart to post them. 4 hours after it started the Plastics factory was still out of control. We criticised the Fire brigade at the time for not saving Mac#1 but in hindsight i honestly dont believe there was anything they could have done. The dry weather and wind coupled with how dangerous the building was (ie they couldnt get inside) just meant it wasnt to be.

I wonder if my shades were OK. I left them on the counter after taking the Zetec ZR out for a spin!!!!

Ref the coffee machine - that was the new machine. RIP. We were so desperate to save the stock we didnt have time to get the James May suite out!!!

donut

posted on 21/7/06 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote

What Darren said!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pewe

posted on 21/7/06 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Fire Brigade wouldn't risk going in if there was even the chance of gas cylinders about.
Insurance company should be able to make an interim payment to get you re-started providing premiums etc. were all up-to-date. Based on experience view any loss adjusters who offer their services with scepticism!
Cheers, Pewe.

coozer

posted on 25/7/06 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Called in today and was amazed at the state the place was in!

Also the Plastic Directs are up and running again across the corner already.

How have they managed that guys? Did they beat you to an empty unit?

Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mac1

posted on 26/7/06 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick update:-

We're just waiting for the Landlord to complete the temporary unit, it needs a roller shutter door and power installing, works should be complete by the middle of next week, the representative (Gary) from Close Brothers Bank, who own the buildings, has been an absolute star.

Our neighbours Direct Plastics are in borrowed office space, they are trading, but like us they still have a mountain to climb.

The Umberella factory were trading the next day after the fire.

Insurance companies, solicitors, investigators, loss adjusters are all doing their jobs albeit a little slower than we would expect.

The burnt out factory will be bulldozed and rebuilt to house MAC#1 and Direct Plastics, but I'm expecting 6-9 months to sort buildings out, at least we'll have a brand new building to move into eventually.

Thanks again for all the messages of support.

Mark Hinchcliffe

ps I'll be reducing some sets of wheels and tyres.We need to gain some space in the new unit. Street Octanes/ Team Dynamics 1.2's, Zetas, DTC leightweights,
13" Compomotive CXR's. There will be a few other bits and pieces, mainly damaged packaging, but all at good prices.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.