Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK INDY Boot
rgr33n

posted on 21/9/06 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
MK INDY Boot

has anyone fitted an MK Indy boot (or made one)? Now and then it would be useful to have the space in the back above the tank and i would like to get my filler cap (an ally replacement) onto the rear of the car. i've seen caterhams and westfields at various shows with boot space and netting over the top (to stop your shopping falling out )

i'm building a fibreglass sub enclosure for my impreza at the moment (similar to a stealthboxz in terms of shape and size) and have some previous fireglassing experience (fixing damaged body parts on old cars and scooters).

if anyone has any advice on buying/making a suitable boot box or would like to share their experiences with making/fitting one i would be grateful

tia

DIY Si

posted on 21/9/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think you can get one from mk, or make your own to suit your needs out of wood, ally of grp. Or anything else that might do/you have lying about.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

donut

posted on 21/9/06 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Yes MK do them, easy to fit, just be careful when cutting the excess. Measure twice and cut once...unlike mine where i measured and cut before my brain got into gear!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Guinness

posted on 21/9/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
MK one fitted in my Indy

Boot Box Fitted
Boot Box Fitted

Easy to fit too

Mine now has an elastic cargo net over the top of it.

Cheers

Mike

Hellfire

posted on 21/9/06 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
We made our own boot box from a couple of strips of aluminium and some thin plywood covered with carpet. It makes use of the maximum amount of space in the rear of the Indy and can hold quite a lot. Best of all, it can be easily removed with just four screws.

Have a look here

Phil

Hellfire

posted on 21/9/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Finished Boot

[img][/img]

StevieB

posted on 21/9/06 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
The Hellfire boot is just too clever for it's own good - show offs!

The MK boot box is good enough if you don't have a race rollbar. For those of us who do have one, it'll be an adventure in plywood!

DarrenW

posted on 21/9/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Us Mac#1 owners have been waiting for Mark and Col to come up with something nice (hint hint) but nowt has surfaced yet.

I might have a go at making one in the winter. Probs more likely to be similar to Hellffires (ply instead of fibreglass).

rgr33n

posted on 21/9/06 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
some helpful stuff there. thank you
darren - mark mentioned this to me some time ago. i've since seen the mk boot (at the kent show this year), but i may have a go myself in fibreglass. not too worried about a cover - a cargo net what what i had in mind (any pics guinness?).
donut - no matter how many times we hear it, "measure twice, cut once" is always good advice. i learned that fitting my first kitchen some years ago!!

02GF74

posted on 22/9/06 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I had horrible ply as a boot floow but replaced it with 2 mm ali - took ages to cut and fit as the floor is wider than the opening.

not quite finished as the springs are still exposed and there are holes in the corner.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.