Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Savage hazard switch to MNR loom
chockymonster

posted on 27/4/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Savage hazard switch to MNR loom

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to wire the savage hazard switch in to the MNR loom.

Looking at the connectors on the sierra stalks I can't see which connectors I need to bridge to fire the flasher relay.

I've got the permanent 12v feed but what should that connect to on the flasher relay?

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
worX

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
what pins are on the relay?
or
what wires are going to the relay?

Steve

chockymonster

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, as posted by richie below.

[Edited on 27/4/07 by chockymonster]

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieC

posted on 27/4/07 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just had a look at the Sierra diagram for comparison. The flasher relay has 3 pins, 49, 49a and 31 wired as follows:

49 - bk/red to pin 49 on the switch.
49a - bk/w/gn to pin 49a on the switch
31 - brown to earth.

Theres also an internal diagram of the switch, Ill try and get a pic up.

Hope some of that helped

Rich

chockymonster

posted on 27/4/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ok,

I've figured out what does what.

49 - 12v input
49a - 12v output to stalks
31 - ground

If I connect 12v to the relay like that then nothing happens. If I bridge 49a at the stalks to either the left, right or both indicators then the indicators will flash.

At the stalks connector I have
+12v constant power for the hazards circuit.
Output to flash relay (49)
Input from flash relay (49a)
Left Indicator output
Right Indicator output

So what I need to do is bridge 12v to 49 to give power and then join 49a to L+R

My thoughts are as follows:

On the savage switch use the N/O circuit on one side to join +12v to 49
On the other side join the 12v feed from 49a to the L+R indicator output. I'll need to put a diode in the feed to each of the indicators to stop both lighting up when I indicate normally.

I think I need a beer!

worX

posted on 27/4/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent...

marc n

posted on 30/4/07 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi paul you definately need diodes to stop it back feeding and thats as much as i can tell you as our sparky does it all normally and hes in vegas at the moment

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
chockymonster

posted on 1/5/07 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
Using the magic of Worx's diagram I've got it wired up with no diodes and no backfeed.
I haven't had a chance to check it all out completely but it's all looking good.

worX

posted on 1/5/07 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
cool!!!
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
Using the magic of Worx's diagram I've got it wired up with no diodes and no backfeed.
I haven't had a chance to check it all out completely but it's all looking good.

chockymonster

posted on 1/5/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I have checked it all out and it works.

Hazards fire perfectly with no feedback and the indicators on the steering wheel work too!

It's all getting back together again

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.