Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Thinking of selling my VORTX!!
Krismc

posted on 29/9/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking of selling my VORTX!!

Should i or shouldnt i??

i just havent got the time for my car at the moment and its been sitting at this stage for a few months.......

was thinking of letting it go the whole hog on ebay??

so im looking for ides on start prices and what i should get for the car??

Its brand new parts throughout.... including a reconned engine and reconed gear box from a company down south!

Its a MNR VORTX RT PLUS with nearly 20k of parts....yes 20k! and its in the best colour.. orange!

Its got

Inboard suspension
Raceleada Hubs
Raceleada uprights
Raceleada brakes
Twin brake master cylinders with ballance bar assembly with adjuster.
roll over bar
Ford 3.62 LSD
Carbon Fibre dash
Carbon Fibre Tunnel
Carbon Look-internal panels
Carbon Look- light set
2000cc Ford Zetec
Port and polished
New clutch
New head bolts
Custom piper 285 cams
lightened flywheel
GXSR throttle boddies
Momo steering wheel- as well as SVA one
custom inlet manifold
Modified shortened sump
custom exhaust manifold
Oil catchment tank from rocker cover breather
Adjustable coilovers front and back
Adjustable fuel pressure reg
silicon hose and stainless pipe used for radiatior
raceline water rail
Oddessy battery
ETB full dial kit
Custom cobra MNR leather bucket seats(adjustable)
willans harnesses
15inch alloys with tyres...(brand new)

....Car is running and working...just needs a final fettle with the engine and the lights fitted and tested...the suspension possibly adjusted and set up!

[Edited on 29/9/07 by Krismc]

[Edited on 29/9/07 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/9/07 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Keep it and finish it next year!!!!!!!!

having spent all that money it would be a shame to sell it for very little ..

Paul

MikeR

posted on 29/9/07 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
i'll give you a grand and a ride out sometime next year.......

finish it yourself - its the only sensible option unless you're strapped for cash.

Krismc

posted on 29/9/07 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Na just havent got time, i work 6 days a week.

got a new honda civic type r to play with and my old mini cooper.

ive had my type r 4 weeks now and its only got 60 miles on the clock...thats how busy i am!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Hammerhead

posted on 29/9/07 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear you can't continue with it, but if you have decided then you have decided.

What price are you looking for? if you don't wish to say, let us know when you list it on ebay.

Steve.

fesycresy

posted on 29/9/07 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
If you're that close and have all the bits, have you considered getting someone to finish it off over the winter for you ?

At least you could have some fun out of it next summer and realise more of your cash when you sell it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 29/9/07 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
So close to completion?? Well its autumn now so why not just complete it over the winter ready for next summer?? You'll be bored of the Civic by then anyway .

Half an hour here and there and take the next 6 months getting it completed would surely be a better option than losing so much money - even if you sell it post SVA for not such a big loss.

Get it finished (slowly) man - you know you want to!!!

smart51

posted on 29/9/07 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Have a word with ZXRlocost on here. He is an official agent for MNR and he puts them through SVA for people.

Selliong it 90% finished will get very little money for it compared to 100% finished and road registered. Even if you have decided to sell, get it finished by someone first.

stuart_g

posted on 29/9/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Same comments here, finish over winter. If you do sell I bet you really miss it when you see someone else's and you'll only want another.
zilspeed

posted on 29/9/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you're working 6 days a week, you'll be making decent money. And if you're making decent money, you've been able to spend good money on the Vortx - hence the 20 grand investment.

So.

You're going to work 6 days a week, just so that someone else can get the benefit of you working those 6 days a week ?

Please rethink this one.

As others have said, finish it yourself or get it finished, then run it a bit - even just a little bit, then sell it if you wish.

Whatever you do - don't work 6 days a week to then hand it on a plate to a complete stranger.

Worth thinking about ?

kawwan

posted on 29/9/07 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
why do we pay £20,000 for a kit and expect to loose a lot of money. is it we are paying far too much in the first place?
Krismc

posted on 30/9/07 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
The fun was taken out of the build process a long while back when... i had the engine worked on and it came back still not running... that took over 8months(which should have taken 3 days max.. i recon)

MARC and Chris @ MNR will take the car and finish one ive sorted the engine and got its emmisions and tuned etc....but megasquirt takes too much of my time up- and no local guys or companys will touch it!

Ive been asking for the past 6 months for companys to take the car and finish for me but no one seems to reply or want to take a 90% complete car.

as for me doing it i read up on what i need to do then go to do it and get distracted with work then another few weeks pass and so on.

if some one will take and finish i will pay for that ?? let me know before i sell!!

if not im selling as i package. i may be asking too much or too little is what i feel but its now listed on ebay for just £12750

THANKS FOR EVERY ONES HELP FROM LOCOST AND ESPECIALLY THE GUYS AT MNR...Keep up the good work!

[Edited on 30/9/07 by Krismc]

Krismc

posted on 30/9/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Made a phone call tonight......

WOO HOO,

Looks like ZXRLOCOST is going to finish it and SVA it for me, seems like a very nice guy and hes a MNR Dealer now so i know its in good hands!

Lets hope it doesnt cost too much, and thanks for you guys being enthusiastic and getting me too think again!

GREAT, kris

smart51

posted on 30/9/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
See, that makes much more sense. Once SVAed and registered, it will be worth much more than it is at the moment. Or once you've driven it, you might want to keep it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.