Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: noisy gits
theconrodkid

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
noisy gits

have a leisurely walk with the dogs tonight when someone in a noisy spitfire decides to do aerobatics right above our heads,damm inconsiderate dont you think?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Paul TigerB6

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Disgraceful - just hope the inconsiderate pilot reads this forum and voluntarily grounds himself!! Fine him I say!!!
mr henderson

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
have a leisurely walk with the dogs tonight when someone in a noisy spitfire decides to do aerobatics right above our heads,damm inconsiderate dont you think?

If your location was a bit more specific, we would know where to set up the SAMs.

John

meany

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
you lucky bugger.

although they do fly over my house sometimes, by they, i mean the BBMF, although i havent seen em for quite a while...had a couple of Chinooks come over the other day, they were noisy buggers.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 18/9/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
No way, blood. Was he up in the air and sh*t? That's like against the law or somethin'. Standard.
r1_pete

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Saw one from east mids airport about 5.30, would that be tha same one?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fozzie

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooo you lucky wotsit!

I expect they were practising for their weekend 'dog-fights' at the Goodwood Revival from tomorrow round 'til Sunday....or maybe making their way there from 'yours'....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Stott

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
I saw one at the Heckington show about 8 weeks ago, 1st I've ever seen and it was magnificent, what a racket!!!!!!!!
rusty nuts

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Know what you mean , I get them all the time but then I'm only a couple of miles from the Imperial War Museum Duxford . We even had a Merlin engine on a trailer in the garage I work at a few weeks ago albeit an eleven cylinder version.
gttztt

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
noisy gits

I can confirm the following:

1 Spitfire (think Mk IX)
1 P51D

both having a leisurely fly around and practise for the Revival. 18.00 hrs Northeast of Tangmere (just beyond the A27 at Halnaker (pronounced "Hannaker". Took me ages to clean the car!

Canada EH!

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
noisy gits

Your all just jealous you weren't born in the 1920's, you would have given your eye teeth to sit behind one of those engines. My father did, in England, Malta, and North Africa, finally got shot down the last ime in 1945 after blowing up a German Troop train in northern Germany.
Fozzie

posted on 18/9/08 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yup that sounds ^^^ right! (gttztt)

DLT gets invited to the celebrity (drivers) cricket match at 'the house' which kicks off the revival every year.... to watch of course...
and partake in a Pimms and a cucumber sarnie or 3.... The Spitfire and P51 usually dive bomb the match......scares 'em all!

I am waiting for todays match report...

I am sitting here as jealous as hell...because I have to....

Look after our business

Have arguments with Insurers/Loss Adjustors

Look for new business premises

Look after you lot!

Hmmmppffffffff

Fozzie

Ooooo Stop Press........they only got buzzed by the Spitfire this year........

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

theconrodkid

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
aha Goodwood,they were based here for bigging hill till a few years ago and would go swooping through the clouds,such a magnificent sight and the sounds
this one had D day stripes and sounded like a griffon

should have said RAF Northolt,just across the road from me.

[Edited on 18/9/08 by theconrodkid]

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

UncleFista

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew.carwithen
No way, blood. Was he up in the air and sh*t? That's like against the law or somethin'. Standard.

This is him like, bang yeah ? This is me like bang bang,yeah ? Then he's all like rat-a-tat-tat, then I'm like talk to the gun cos the cockpit ain't listening...

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

martyn_16v

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yo yo, we is gonna put some 22" spinners on, replace the prop with a super-turbo chrome vortex generator for an extra 20hp, tint those windows, and change that dull camo paintjob for a banging purple flip with airbrushed dragons down the sides. Pimp my fighter

Drop the bomb

David Jenkins

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid

A year or three back I was in the kitchen doing myself some lunch when I heard the sound of a plane engine approaching - not unusual where I live. After a few seconds I thought "that sounds meaty" and looked out of the window, just in time to see the back of a Spitfire as he went into a victory roll over my village - which was nice.

Once a year we also get 2 or 3 Mustangs going over in close formation, heading for a private airshow at Raydon (it was a WW2 airfield). That's an impressive sight and sound too.

As for the Chinooks - we get Apache copters from Wattisham pootling over my house every few days. Bleedin' annoying, as they go over at around 20 mph, waiting to be called into action. This means that a line of 10 can take 5 minutes to go over, and they are VERY noisy at that speed!

John22000

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
For the next three months I'm stuck working in Germany..............

I'll keep my ears and eyes open, just in case..........

Peteff

posted on 18/9/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
2 Apaches went over here last week, aren't they weird looking things. I was mowing the lawn today and one of those new fangled jet things went over at about 500 feet and 600mph. I thought the mower was blowing up.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

David Jenkins

posted on 18/9/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
2 Apaches went over here last week, aren't they weird looking things.

To me, most military flying things are at least 'handsome' and a lot are downright impressive, but those Apaches are simply sinister and mean looking - which I guess is unsurprising, considering their purpose...

Danozeman

posted on 19/9/08 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

As for the Chinooks - we get Apache copters from Wattisham pootling over my house every few days. Bleedin' annoying, as they go over at around 20 mph, waiting to be called into action. This means that a line of 10 can take 5 minutes to go over, and they are VERY noisy at that speed!

I get them aswell Dave im right on theyr usual flight path. And the dam police one is always up over the fields at the back of me. Now that ones annoying especially as you know theyr doing sod all but justifying having it.

I did see an apache on a truck trailer yesterday in stowmarket.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

kipper

posted on 19/9/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Warplanes

I get them over here all the time as there is the old aeroplane museum on the same old airfield as our factory(Breighton near Selby).
Mustangs, Huricanes ,Fockers etc.
Friday afternoons are quite entertaining
We also get millitery choppers coming in to refuel.
Kipper.

Where did that go?
<<<<

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.