Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger wiring loom... indicators not working when headlights are on?
nathanharris1987

posted on 21/10/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger wiring loom... indicators not working when headlights are on?

Hello all,

Having some strange behaviour with the indicators, namely when my side lights are on the indicators and hazards will work fine, but when i put my dipped and full beams on the indicators will slow right down and somtimes not work at all. These symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

Ive got some bog standard rear lights, JCB head lights and tiger 6 fuse loom.

Thanks

Nathan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flipp

posted on 21/10/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
have you got good earth connections on each circuit
nathanharris1987

posted on 21/10/08 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
yes mate all slapped on the chassis.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 21/10/08 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I also say definately an earth fault. Most likely if you take out the bulbs (headlight) the indicators will not work either. Try it and see.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Mark G

posted on 21/10/08 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
does sound like an earthing fault. I'd put a meter across the batt neg to the earth for the indicators and see if you have any resistance or voltage difference.

r1_pete

posted on 21/10/08 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Is it the same with the engine running at say 2-3000 rpm and charging the battery? could be that the battery just cant keep up with the load.

nathanharris1987

posted on 23/10/08 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
right...

full earthed

battery has charge

on closer inspection it looks like as soon as full main and full beam comes on, the indicators come on as well? thus you cant use them?!?! help?!

omega 24 v6

posted on 23/10/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Still sounds like an earth fault. Did you try removing the headlight bulbs as I said?? The reason behind this was because you could have wired the 2 fillaments in the bulb arse about tit using the earth filament as a feed.
Either that or somewhere you have the headlight/fullbeam feed touching the indicator feed. (could be a sierra stalk wiring issue)

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

nathanharris1987

posted on 23/10/08 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
wheeey! cheers omega, yeh i had wired the main beam supply to the earth! on these jcb headlights i thought it was a black wire but its actually a really dark brown when i looked closer!

cheers all

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.