Board logo

Stoneleigh, is it still worth a drive?
AdrianH - 3/5/15 at 09:28 PM

Very subjective I know

Tomorrow, Monday, looks to be a decent day, Will have a drive out but is it worth the 2 1/2 hours drive down to have a visit. Who been or is there, what are your thoughts?

Adrian

Slimy38 - 3/5/15 at 09:36 PM

I had a fantastic day to be honest, same number of cars (if not more) than I've seen in other years. Lovely weather, some fabulous cars on show (check out the Tribute Automotive D-type, it's top notch). I have no doubt I made a good decision.

BUT, I believe it's absolutely chucking it down tonight, so it might see some people heading home already. That's why I went today.

Daf - 3/5/15 at 10:01 PM

I had a good day there today - I don't think there was as many traders as I remember but I could be wrong, its a few years since I last went. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get there and I wasn't dissapointed

ianhurley20 - 3/5/15 at 10:20 PM

Just over 3 hours driving in some awful wet weather to get there but it stopped raining as we arrived just before the show opened. Same number of traders there as usual and some bargains to be had but a few less open topped cars outside than last year (weathers fault I think). We had a great day and our only whinge is the catering traders outside charging £2 for a 40pence bottle of water. Other wise brill.

adithorp - 4/5/15 at 07:35 AM

The suns out on the show ground. Should be a good day.

After the overnight rain and forecast, yesterday was better than expected in the end.

raptor700 - 4/5/15 at 08:29 AM

We drove 2 1/2 hours , it's the only show left really , sun came out yesterday and was a good day. The new ultima evolution is worth a look and the candy red ak427 is amazing.
Sold some hubs to a guy from Belgium , bought a go race quick release, an s.a fabrication rear diffuser and some carbon front arches from Sean at kit car direct . Got some great discount .

Well worth the trip.

HowardB - 4/5/15 at 11:04 AM

I got drowned on the way there and had to drill holes in the floor to let the water.... it was still worth it. Great to meet up too and a great welcome from the JPSC.... hot tea a biscuit or 3......

Enjoyed it, will go again

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/5/15 at 04:36 PM

I went both days got wet on the way on Sunday but was dry when I got there a lot quieter on Sunday than normal but today was very busy which was good too see I thought it was a good show .

ken555 - 4/5/15 at 08:25 PM

I thought so.

[Edited on 4-5-15 by ken555]