Board logo

Battery
kev super 6 - 2/3/14 at 12:44 PM

What's the best battery to buy... I have a Fury with a Honda 1000rr, are Yuasa the best battery's

luke2152 - 2/3/14 at 01:08 PM

Yuasa's used to be top notch when they were made in Japan but now they are made in China same as most everything else. Thats not to say they are bad but they don't last 15 years like they used to.

[Edited on 2/3/14 by luke2152]

ReMan - 2/3/14 at 03:01 PM

Unless your splashing out on a lightweight oddessy type battery i'd expect the budget ones to be much of a muchness and if it lasts 3 years youve done well

mark chandler - 2/3/14 at 04:43 PM

In my experience bike battery's only last if exercised regularly, when I ran bikes as a fair weather only I had to buy a new one each year.

Better off spending more with Russbot and get a special modern one as they last years.

bi22le - 2/3/14 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
In my experience bike battery's only last if exercised regularly, when I ran bikes as a fair weather only I had to buy a new one each year.

Better off spending more with Russbot and get a special modern one as they last years.

dont lithium batteries need special chargers?

Im hoping to get a lithium bat from russbot in a month or two

eddie99 - 2/3/14 at 08:16 PM

Theres a certain type of charger you can't use on the lithiums but the run of the mill normal chargers are fine, Another vote for a lightweight battery from Russ. I wouldn't fit anything other.