Board logo

Hi what's the best wind screen/deflectors for mac 1
maximus1 - 23/5/13 at 07:10 PM

Hi there what's the best wind screen for mac 1 I have bubble thing
On but it's useless. anybody got a screen they want rid of ?
I don't mind a bit of wind but I wear glasses and my eyes water
And can't see a sodding thing cheers

RK - 23/5/13 at 11:54 PM

I have a full windscreen, wipers, the lot, but still get things in my eyes when driving with no helmet. Operative word: helmet.

Barkalarr - 24/5/13 at 06:17 AM

This any good ?
Linky

Slater - 24/5/13 at 09:23 AM

I had the MAC#1 supplied fly screen, top is at eye height but it pushed almost all the wind up away from face.

RK - 24/5/13 at 12:13 PM

Second hand information tells me that Mac#1 may be similar in dimensions to MK. Might want to check that before getting into a full screen.

DarrenW - 4/6/13 at 06:26 PM

I had both of the Mac1 screens. Both great, but I guess would be useless if your head is way above them. Can you lower your seat or remove your neck?

If you are quite tall I would guess none of the aero screens would be any good for you.

nick205 - 4/6/13 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Slater
I had the MAC#1 supplied fly screen, top is at eye height but it pushed almost all the wind up away from face.

I had the same fitted to my MK Indy and it worked a treat. I'm 5'10" and had my seats mounted directly to the floor. Perfectly OK up to about 70 mph with sunglasses on. That said, I still opted to wear a full face helmet 90% of the time. I just couldn't get past the worry of stones or large insects in the face. The helmet collected several such items over time as well.

Custardpants - 1/8/13 at 03:55 PM

I have the mac screen on my Indy. I had the factory MK one but it wasn't great in my opinion. The Mac 1 screen is much better and directs most airflow onto my forehead. Having said that I cannot get over 60 without wearing a helmet - it's loud, uncomfortable, and there is too much stuff on the road to hit you if you just wear shades.

Pic of mine with the mac screen fitted.