Board logo

zx9r c to an e cchange
jlayton - 28/5/12 at 06:19 PM

well iv wired my e1 ecu up today to my c loom. (have not tried it yet as my engine gets delivered tomorrow) my loom side im left with the red and red/white which is cam sensor, but on the new e/plug side i have a spare black/yellow and yellow/red do i just leave these 2 as theres nothing to connect them 2 ?

many thanks

bowood14 - 28/5/12 at 08:09 PM

When I done mine and just left the cam sensor wires.
My C loom had been changed to fit e clocks the gearbox went so I then put an e engine in IEverything works apart from the speedo! One day I will take some time to work it all out I found the ZX9 forum helpful You will notice a difference the E gearbox is much better

http://www.zx-9r.net/phpBB2/index.php

YQUSTA - 28/5/12 at 08:46 PM

There should be 2 Black/Yellow both are Earth so I would connect them together to earth.

Yellow/Red - this goes to the speed sensor and speedo on the original clocks.

jlayton - 28/5/12 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA
There should be 2 Black/Yellow both are Earth so I would connect them together to earth.

i think someone before me has put the e clocks in already,so do i just put the yellow/red out the e plug to the yellow link between speed sensor/speedo. then should it work?

cheers jim

YQUSTA - 28/5/12 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jlayton
quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA

i think someone before me has put the e clocks in already,so do i just put the yellow/red out the e plug to the yellow link between speed sensor/speedo. then should it work?

cheers jim

That is where it should go.

I don't have the original clocks so mine is different.