Board logo

Kubota/Denso alternator
Vdub boy - 26/4/07 at 05:26 PM

Is anybody running one of these alternators, just got one for my rush and was wanting to double check how the wiring would go. Its got a 3 pin plug on the rear with the terminals marked P, IG and L. Also there is an additional terminal marked b.

cheers in advance

Leigh

SeaBass - 26/4/07 at 06:46 PM

Any use?? Some terminals the same?

Vdub boy - 26/4/07 at 07:31 PM

cheers

COREdevelopments - 26/4/07 at 08:58 PM

you will need a diode on the light. not sure what type as i am in need of one. i got a toyota 4age alternator wire diagram if you would like a copy, that may help??

rob

SeaBass - 27/4/07 at 07:05 AM

Why would you need a diode on the light??? Can't seem to get my head round that one?
I know you can't use an LED as an alternator lamp which is a Diode?

02GF74 - 27/4/07 at 03:19 PM

I would guess this is to stop current flow from battery via lamp into the alternator, overtiem this would drain the battery.

Vdub boy - 27/4/07 at 03:57 PM

coredevelopments - a wiring diagram would be handy.

Thanks

Leigh

MikeRJ - 27/4/07 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
I would guess this is to stop current flow from battery via lamp into the alternator, overtiem this would drain the battery.

But the lamp comes from a switched supply, so with ignition off the lamp will (should!) have 0 volts on the switched side.

If a diode was connected to prevent current in this direction, the ignition warning lamp wouldn't work at all.

The only reason I can think I diode would be needed is if for some reason there is leakage between the permanent live and the L termina with ignition switched off, so current could flow from alternator, through bulb and into the ignition supply (which would be at 0v). Shouldn't normally be required though.

Vdub boy - 1/5/07 at 08:02 PM

Can I get away with using just using the terminals for the battery/starter and for lamp.
Also is there a way of testing the alternator before I go to all the hassle of making a engine bracket only to find it doesnt work.

cheers

Leigh

Vdub boy - 5/5/07 at 07:37 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a plug to fit the back of this type of alternator

cheers

Leigh

Peteff - 5/5/07 at 09:05 AM

Could you run a wire from the B to the G as it is already connected to the battery permanent live? Most Suzuki and Kubota stuff uses the alternator so they should have plugs in the scrapyard.

Schrodinger - 5/5/07 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74

So when would the light ever come on?
As I understand it if the alternator isn't charging that is exactly what happens when it does charge you get +12v and +12v at the bulb terminals so no potential difference and no light.

COREdevelopments - 10/5/07 at 04:43 PM

here is the diagram as promised its a bit of a mess, sorry. hope it helps

atb

rob