Board logo

How much to hire a whole track for a day?
bi22le - 21/11/15 at 04:08 PM

Im trying to organise a combined bike and car day. I recon I could fill the numbers required. The draw of bikes and cars would be novel.

Any ideas on where is cheap and what sort of cost? I have seen rumours of 8K for snetterton!!

Nickp - 21/11/15 at 04:11 PM

On track at the same time??

bi22le - 21/11/15 at 04:15 PM

No, silly sausage.

Sessioned.

Although lets be honest with ourselves, a combined day is NO MORE dangerous than a normal day.

Speed differential between fast and slow of each vehicle, open pit is huge. the difference between a fast bike and slow car is just another fast rider on a sunday morning.

[Edited on 21/11/15 by bi22le]

Nickp - 21/11/15 at 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
No, silly sausage.

Sessioned.

Although lets be honest with ourselves, a combined day is NO MORE dangerous than a normal day.

Speed differential between fast and slow of each vehicle, open pit is huge. the difference between a fast bike and slow car is just another fast rider on a sunday morning.

Phew!!

You can get Blyton for £3K IIRC, ask Frank

Rich J - 21/11/15 at 05:46 PM

Seeing your avatar have you considered LLandow?

dilley - 21/11/15 at 06:26 PM

My track to my house is 1/3 mile long, free all day, wouldn't recommend a 7 at speed

LBMEFM - 22/11/15 at 05:36 AM

Are you doing itas a money making venture? I looked at doing this once and it is very expensive, ensure that the hire costs include marshalls, medics, track officials, liability insurance etc. Weather also plays a part, if it's cold or wet entrees fail to turn up therefore no income to cover costs. You are looking at investing £5 - £6k minimum, an awful lot to recover. I personally would recommend that you either work with the track owners or a club to share costs/responsibility. Better still if you are just doing it for fun just go to a track day and enjoy it without the worry.

907 - 22/11/15 at 08:22 AM

My son and DiL are taking their cars to Brands next week @ £100 each.

I would be surprised if there's more than 30 cars, maybe 40, so that's £4k at best.
I don't suppose it's that price in April or May though.

Rather than hire a track would it be easier just to do a block booking?

Paul G

bi22le - 22/11/15 at 12:19 PM

The problem is the bike and car bit. All this year i was scanning the websites for a successive days of bike/car or car/bike with one of the days at a weekend. None occurred.

In 2013 i went to llandow (hence avatar) because it was friday bikes, saturday cars. We all camped over. It was quality. We would do it again but its a a fair old slog