Board logo

Adjustable Beds - Any Advice
John P - 11/8/24 at 03:37 PM

Hi,

Completely off topic, but my wife has a long term back problem and we are considering buying an electrically adjustable bed as she's in less pain if she can lay back rather than down.

Anyway, these beds are typically the best part of £2,000 so I don't want to simply order one un-seen and most of the bed shops which advertise them don't actually have a display model.

Does anyone have any experience of these and what advice would you give?

Many thanks,
John.

westf27 - 11/8/24 at 06:06 PM

I would look online at selling sites,there is usually some to be found,and where you are the population of older people is greater.Stick a new mattress on it and you will save a fortune.

jacko - 11/8/24 at 06:08 PM

We was in a disability scooter shop a few months back and they had beds in there that adjusted
Just a idea for you to check
Graham

gremlin1234 - 11/8/24 at 06:49 PM

if the pain is that bad the gp/nhs/local council might supply one to you.

technical search term 'hospital bed'
but you can get some very comfortable reclining (and lift and tilt) chairs for day use.

loggyboy - 12/8/24 at 08:17 AM

Was in Dreams at the weekend and they had one on display. (one that can lift head and feet at least)

MikeR - 16/8/24 at 11:17 AM

I recall a post a while ago when someone bought a stair lift. Cost thousand, a few months later they no longer needed it and it was worth hundreds. Seems their is a huge mark up on disability stuff due to a limited market of people selling stuff. May be worth trying to hint second hand.