Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR vortx rt+ hayabusa build
ffrgtm

posted on 24/2/12 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'm building an rt+ with a 2nd gen busa engine Looks a lot like yours... caged, however mind has a black body (a last second decision I made... lucky us!). sbd dry sumped, 13" compmotives... the key difference is mine won't be road legal (at least at first) and I'll be using hoosier r25b's.. something I'm not sure have ever seen the feet of an MNR.

Considering the strange rubber that's going on the car, I am fully instrumenting everything (building my own gps/imu data logger) and am modelling the car.

No pics up yet... maybe next week when I get a break from classwork and head home!

FuryRebuild

posted on 24/2/12 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
big_I

I've used Gary as well - he's wonderful, and if it's the same Gary, he's based near me in Harrogate.

Top bloke.

big_l

posted on 24/2/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Crikey that sounds like a complicated build !!! Get ya pics up mate always nice to pinch someone else's good ideas

Gary is from Harrogate hence the connection with Mnr bloody nice bloke

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

ffrgtm

posted on 11/4/12 at 02:55 AM Reply With Quote
DAMN! That was exactly how I was going to run the induction system lmao. Oh and I'm sure you're really sick of me saying this by now but you've gotta throw a tiny filter on the cap for your catch can, the system needs to be able to draw air from the atmosphere

Can you possibly post more revealing photos of your cooling system? Are you running with no thermostat or just with a hole drilled in the plate? Water pump controller or just 100% duty cycle?

And ya sorry... I've got a ton of pictures but way too many projects right now... If I feel the need to procrastinate those and manage to upload and catalog these you'll be the first to now! I've yet to finalize any plumbing system yet... I'm in the process of fitting an ap racing pedal box because the oem ones are just rubbing me the wrong way.

big_l

posted on 11/4/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Ah ha that means you didn't spot my secret breather system then look closely at the brether/ catch tank !!!
I had both header tank and catch/brether tank made by alloy racing fabrications. I didn't want to see mounting brackets or breather filter I'm not a fan a Seing stuff all over everywhere so there all in stealth mode !!!

I'll take some more pics of water system for you but it's very simple

I have no thermostat 100% duty cycle

This is what sbd recommend ...

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

ffrgtm

posted on 11/4/12 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Oops my bad. And I appreciate the plumbing pics...

as promised: Some photos of my own.

http://mnrbusa.blogspot.com/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.