Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Powdercoated pedals
Echidna

posted on 27/12/08 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Powdercoated pedals

We will offer a set of laser cut, powdercoated pedals to locostbuilders.co.uk members for the wonderful price of 25GBP.
They can be made to suit your application, just email me about your requirements on pedal ratios, floor clearances, powdercoat colours etc.

U2U or email at
theodragonas@gmail.com

The pedals have been thoroughly designed in FEA software so they are as light and strong as possible.

Postage to Europe and UK is 10GBP. The pedals normally sells for 30GBP.

Brake pedal: Just take a look at the two FEA software images. The first of them is my own design and the second is the original design as provided in the book. After a number of design improvement iterations i came to the final one which is stronger, stiffer and lighter! Weight for the original design was 317,73 gr and maximum stress was 5,451e+005 N/m^2. My final design weighs 283,9 gr and maximum stress is 5,048e+005 N/m^2. So we have a brake pedal 7% stronger and 10% lighter!

Clutch pedal: The original design weighs 159 gr and the final design was 144,79 gr. Maximum stress for the original is 8,315e+004 N/m^2 and for the final one 8,439e+004 N/m^2. That means that for 10% less weight we had only 1% more stress.

Throttle pedal: This pedal is not under any big stress during its operation but none the less, i would like to cut off a bit of steel mass. After the modifications i made to the design, the final design weighed 141,36 gr instead of the 155,93 gr of the original. This is a slight improvement but it is something. For the original design the maximum stress was 6.766e+004 N/m^2 and for the final design the stress went down to 6,669e+004 N/m^2! Lighter and stronger!

[Edited on 27/12/08 by Echidna]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.