Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1998 Blade rev bouncing at 3k
YQUSTA

posted on 16/5/11 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
1998 Blade rev bouncing at 3k

I have my mates Mac1 Blade on my drive which has a problem with the revs.

It idle's fine and if you floor it its fine but when you put light pressure on the throttle to about 3k the revs start to bounce between 2 and 3k.

Sods law it would be at the range for pulling off. I know he could just nail it off the line all the time but I don't think Mr Plod would be to happy.

We found that the ecu and 1 of the pick up wires had some arc burning so I replaced them but this has made no to little difference.

Any help from the wealth of knowledge that is LCB would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

mad-butcher

posted on 16/5/11 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Could it be something to do with fueling, blocked jets possibly, going back to my ancient british bike carb days, 1/8 opening was pilot jets, then . (Oh fcuk can' remember the sequence) throttle slide cutaway to 1/4 then needle position to 3/4 then main jets to full throttle, I know modern carbs do most of the above sequence by jets nowadays

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 16/5/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Check the carb diaphragms for splits, and / or air leaks.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rf900rush

posted on 16/5/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Is it a new build or has it been running fine the failed.

If it's new then the Jetting may be wrong.

My RF900 on carbs did this.
Jet's went from 112's to 150's to get it running right.

YQUSTA

posted on 17/5/11 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the ideas so far guys I will have a look at the jets and diaphrams for any issues.

rf900rush the car has been built for a few years now and was running fine. it started to happen after Stoneleigh my mate stayed at my house next morning it was like this.

Thanks for all the ideas so far any others welcome.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

jlayton

posted on 17/5/11 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
i had exactly the same as this last yr and it was bugging me. i found out it was a £2 little in line fuel filter had blocked with rubbish from the tank. replaced and perfect

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.