Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: c20let, c20xe pistons into a 2l zetec?
piggy1600cvh

posted on 23/3/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
c20let, c20xe pistons into a 2l zetec?

hi all iv desided on the engine im using, i know that the c20let turbo pistons will fir onto the con rods of a 2l zetec engine, just wondered if the c20xe pistons will fit the same?

many thanks
piggy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
philw

posted on 23/3/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piggy1600cvh
hi all iv desided on the engine im using, i know that the c20let turbo pistons will fir onto the con rods of a 2l zetec engine, just wondered if the c20xe pistons will fit the same?

many thanks
piggy

They share the same rods so i can't see why not, why are you using them?

ned

posted on 23/3/08 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've heard of xe pistons being used in a zetec when making it a turbo. you have to bore the zetec block out to the xe piston size (86mm), apparantly the deck height and compression ratio of the xe piston is near enough what you want to make a zetec turbo charged and a second hand set of xe pistons is a cheapr route even with a rebore than purpose made zetec turbo pistons. Also makes the zetec 2.1ish iirc.

..all second hand info but a search will prob show more first hand info. Also search on zvh turbo, zetec block with cvh (rs turbo) head.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Neil P

posted on 23/3/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I've heard of xe pistons being used in a zetec when making it a turbo. you have to bore the zetec block out to the xe piston size (86mm), apparantly the deck height and compression ratio of the xe piston is near enough what you want to make a zetec turbo charged and a second hand set of xe pistons is a cheapr route even with a rebore than purpose made zetec turbo pistons. Also makes the zetec 2.1ish iirc.

The vaux ones are used as a cheap source of forged pistons for strength in a turbo zetec. You do have to bore out the block though. You also have to have the con rods resized to fit the gudgeon pin.

If you are turboing it you need to use a plate to reduce the compression. Not sure of where the pistons end up with a n/a engine.

If you aren't fitting a turbo it's probably more hassle (and expense) than it's worth.

Neil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.