Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mega spark ect???
piggy1600cvh

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
mega spark ect???

hi all im hoping to run my escrort gti engine on bike carbs, i know they need re jetting ect but i wonder if anyone knows ere i can get a ingnition coil to run it of, i was told i can buy a coil ect from the guys who make mega squit ecu but iv had no joy in finding anythin. any ideas will be greatfull hehehe.

many thanks

mathew

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
megajolt is what you are looking for

Why not fit twin bike engines instead....

http://www.g2.nu/chris/mini/megajolt.php

[Edited on 20-4-08 by mangogrooveworkshop]

blakep82

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
for bike carbs you'll be needing to megajolt system. have a look at www.trigger-wheels.com. they sell all the trigger wheels, sensors, coil packs etc you'll need. they also sell the megajolt, but they can be had cheaper

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

piggy1600cvh

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, brill will look now hehehe. as for twin bike engines hehehe i think i would get lost in the work involved, im only a beginer you know
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 20/4/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going to start ordering all my megajolt stuff soon i think can't wait to get started on it all

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

DarrenW

posted on 20/4/08 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ask PaulF if he has one for sale.

Loads of advice on here if you ash right Q's or on magajolt website (brilliant site - Brent Picasso is good contact - autosportslab).

blakep82

posted on 20/4/08 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
well, i need to decide first if i'm making major problems for myself at sva first, a 1998 engine with bike carbs... is that going to be hard for emissions...

DarrenW

posted on 21/4/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
When i was building it was always thought that a change to big carbs etc should be done after the test. That said when i fitted my bike carbs (post SVA) they were running quite lean at start of RR session so this would suggest its all very possible to pass SVA with them on. The only issue might be actually setting them up unless you are 'lucky' to have a lean setting from the off. As you know too lean can damage things but might be OK for the test.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.