Board logo

Detling
LBMEFM - 13/4/08 at 08:08 PM

Went to Detling today, cold and muddy with some heavy rain. Bit pricey 2x adults + 2x teenagers entry £36. It was OK got some bits and pieces. Also nice to see some familiar faces.

CRAIGR - 13/4/08 at 08:18 PM

Went there yesterday
Had hail,thunder and mega rain but got some bits too

nitram38 - 13/4/08 at 08:24 PM

I really wanted to go to show off the car but the forecast put me off
I was there last year and the weather was brilliant.
This is why I didn't go in the rain:

Description
Description

Michael - 13/4/08 at 08:41 PM

I was there on Saturday too, during the heavy rain/thunder.

Luckily was in doors at the time.

Got bonnet clips, number plate light and two mirrors that are SVA compatable, but got them home and cant find any signs of E marks.

nitram38 - 13/4/08 at 08:47 PM

No E marks required on the mirrors as long as they have the correct radius and surface area.
As for the number plate light, I don't think it is part of SVA, but I am not sure.
I think even none E marked lights will pass (except head and fog) if they work correctly and provide the right light levels, so don't panic!

Michael - 13/4/08 at 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
No E marks required on the mirrors as long as they have the correct radius and surface area.
As for the number plate light, I don't think it is part of SVA, but I am not sure.
I think even none E marked lights will pass (except head and fog) if they work correctly and provide the right light levels, so don't panic!

Yeah the lamp is E marked but im ok with that, i always shop around when im there. The mirrors were what i was worried about so thank F**k for that. I cant complain they where only £12 from Car Builders Solutions.

The bonnet catches where £14 per pair from Lolocost/Robin Hood and the lamp was from the guy that has lots of Rover stuff in the second hall, same place i brought my wiper set from last year.

saigonij - 13/4/08 at 09:08 PM

i got there at 9:30, waited around watching the cars coming in until 10.

like others said - 9 quid to get in per adult - a bit pricey.

that and there was not many stands there..

CBS was there as always - good bargins.

prob will not go there next year...

clairetoo - 13/4/08 at 09:20 PM

I went down friday afternoon to help set-up the JPSCC club area , 4 1/2 hours to go just 158 miles........b***dy roadworks on the M` and M25.....
Got rained on , hailed on , nearly blown away by the wind and frozen ......but I did come home (another 4 1/2 hour trip....) with a car load of stuff to finish my fury
And I had a good look/chat/drool over the Epona.......

[Edited on 13/4/08 by clairetoo]

Michael - 13/4/08 at 09:25 PM

Yeah i avoided the M1 & M25 last week when i went to Coventry.

Wasnt a bad trip down yesterday from 4 of M25, had to detour back up the M2 as there had bee a smash just past the exit of the carpark yesterday.

I found it the same as last year, (which wasnt that good in my opinion) but went as was hoping of getting some bits.

I saw an example of a spare wheel carrier so will be making mine differently.

907 - 13/4/08 at 10:16 PM

Well, I enjoyed it.

Bought four polishing mops, that would have cost me twice as much on eBay. (Please note Melvin. )

Had a chat with several Locosters that I haven't seen for a while, and quite a few that I've never met before.

Got my first gander at the Epona chassis, and may I say what a fine piece of engineering it is.
The quality of the welding was superb. Well done Aeon.

I know the weather tried to spoil the day but it didn't spoil mine.

A grand day out.
Paul G

Simon - 13/4/08 at 11:11 PM

We went! Weather was fine, standing around in the hall thinking about ambling back to the car park (why cant everyone park a bit closer!) when there was the familiar rattle on the roof. Looked outside and had another wander round.

CBS have got some rather nice 4" headlights I might have to go and get

ATB

Simon

Gaz 1977 - 15/4/08 at 08:05 PM

I had a good show, Mainly coz i got to see my chassis,

The could have been a lot more trade stands, I was hoping to chose some seats.

Gaz