Board logo

Dakota Drag Strip - Southwest
Mr G - 30/5/08 at 03:09 PM

Anybody going to any of the events this summer? Prices are good

http://www.streetnights.com/

Drag strip is 1/8th of a mile, there is also a handling course (which the drift competition uses) and show & shine section.

Neither of the duttons or the luego are ready for the strip yet so I was just going to go up in the sierra and have a lazy day watching the action

wheezy - 30/5/08 at 05:55 PM

Having seen it advertised last year I have often thought about taking the car down. The next event on the 7th June looks good running from mid day till 9 in the evening. The prices look good as well, £20 for as many runs as you like.
It would be a great place for everyone in the South west to meet up and show up a few of the boy racers on the track

Dave

JimGTI - 30/5/08 at 06:09 PM

i'm well up for going to this as part of the southwest meet. I'll also thrash the backside out of my car on the track if possible

ANDYSHORT - 30/5/08 at 08:54 PM

I DONT WANT TO PUT A DAMPNER ON THINGS BUT I WENT TO THE LAST EVENT THAT WAS ON AND IT WAS COMPLETELY FULL OF CHAVS IN NOVAS SO BE CAREFULL !!!!!!!

charlierevell - 1/6/08 at 10:38 AM

I live in Taunton so am only 10 mins away. I've not been yet but intended to for ages. The more chavs the better.... more people to put down!!! haha

I'd rather not kill my R888's tho... so looking for some spare 15" wheels to take my other tyres.

I'd be up for heading that way on Saturday when i get back from Bristol having a mates Dax tuned.

wheezy - 4/6/08 at 06:44 AM

Weather is looking ok for Saturday. I plan to be there for 2:00pm when the gates open. How many others plan to go? If anyone is planning on driving from Dorchester to Honiton how about meeting up allong the way?

Dave

wheezy - 6/6/08 at 09:21 AM

Is anyone going tomorrow then ?

JimGTI - 6/6/08 at 11:48 AM

i was going to go sunday as i sail on saturdays

charlierevell - 6/6/08 at 04:25 PM

I'll try and come up to say hello.... should hopefully be back around then from interpro. I'd like to say i'll take the car on the track but wont have any old tyres. Maybe if i take a Lid ill do it anyway and just have some careful starts!!

I'm at Silverstone Sunday so would only be there tomo.

Mr G - 6/6/08 at 04:33 PM

Was going to go Sunday as well as I pressumed Saturday was for the non street legal drag stuff which does'nt really float my boat.

Typical weather for the 2 days then clear for the week!

I'll keep an eye on the weather tomorrow and decide if it's worth it - at least the gates don't open till 12pm and strip till 2pm.

wheezy - 6/6/08 at 04:48 PM

Had a chat with our met dept at work and they recon it will be dry for both days.

Both days are for street legal only cars although some of the hot rods switch to slicks at the track. The Sunday will be mainly Jap cars as they are using the event for one of there race meetings (king of the hill) so it maybe fairly busy on the Sunday.
Also dont forget your driving licence and lid.
Hope to see you there if you are going tomorrow.

Dave

Mr G - 6/6/08 at 05:23 PM

Was going with my mate but he can't make it now so looks like I'll be with the my son and missus, I'll have to put some slicks in the back of the mondeo

Still not sure what day i'm going but will keep an eye out for you sir if your going in the GT-R.

Cheers

G

charlierevell - 7/6/08 at 06:17 PM

Good to meet ya dave!
Glad it was a nice quiet day, got to run as much as you like. I think I just hit a heat barrier as I couldnt beat my 2nd or 3rd time of 8.6 for the 1/8th.
I also couldnt get any more power thru the open diff (Excuses excuses!!)

Good fun tho... till the way home when my prop adapter came loose! Ooopps!

I think you still have the best time btw... I Was realing in the scoobys and evos but couldnt get it off the line!

wheezy - 7/6/08 at 10:41 PM

Good to meet you too. What a great day
I got there just before the strip opened and with only 4 cars running had about 6 runs before you arrived.
Today was by far the best day to go if you want unlimited runs!
There must have been someone who got under my time after i left.
Maybe I should have stayed for the bikini competition and the prize giving.

I will post some video when I get my act together.

Dave

charlierevell - 7/6/08 at 10:59 PM

Well nothing was quicker when we left at 6.... but IF it cooled off a bit they might have done.

My prop adapter came loose on the way back so lucky I stopped when i did.

Got stuck in with a load of evos and imprezas for a bit, they were quick off the line but i was catching them up the strip and when holding onto 100 I was almost getting passed.
Bloody hard work in that heat tho! And the lights were soooo fast, you had to keep an eye on their staging lights to tell when it might all go!

Mr G - 10/6/08 at 12:02 AM

Eventually went on the Sunday, great turn out, although the event review said it was less than previous events and people had a chance of a nice amount of runs on the strip. They certainly seemed to be pouring back through at a rapid rate!

Weather was great. I'll try and upload some videos to youtube. Will be going to the next one in July so hopefully see you lads then

Credit to BigD for your Saturday photos -

charlierevell - 10/6/08 at 07:41 AM

Cant believe how clean my car looks! haha
Very orange, I like it!

Mr G - 11/6/08 at 02:53 PM

Here's another one for your charlie....

[Edited on 11/6/08 by Mr G]

charlierevell - 11/6/08 at 05:57 PM

Yeah i had caught them on the Dakota site... glad the car looks sooo good in the photos!

wheezy - 11/6/08 at 07:55 PM

Great photos.
Theres even one of me trying to play catch up after the car bogged down on the start line

Dave