Board logo

Newlands Corner to West Wittering Blat.
martinq357 - 8/9/08 at 07:47 PM

All

The Southern Area Tiger Owners Club are organising a run to West Wittering from Newlands Corner, Guildford on Sunday, 28th September.

We aim to leave Newlands Corner http://tinyurl.com/6z5ocw at 10.30, go via Midhurst http://tinyurl.com/6dvx3c arriving West Wittering http://tinyurl.com/5s8f36 about 12-ish and park up by the sea for the usual tire kicking, tea drinking & chat. A more detailed route will be posted nearer the time.

This is not just a Tiger run, all kit cars of any denomination are more than welcome. I've posted on the Tiger Owners Club forum and it will be on the Piston Heads, Kit Car forum as well, to see how much interest we can drum up.

If your interested, let us know.

Regards

Martin.

[Edited on 8/9/08 by martinq357]

Humbug - 8/9/08 at 08:04 PM

I would be up for that (weather permitting, as I don't have a screen or hood!).

Can I suggest that you edit the title to say "Newlands Corner to West Wittering" - there are a few of us who regularly meet at Newlands, so you might catch more people that way.

Cheers,

Simon

martinq357 - 8/9/08 at 08:15 PM

Simon,

Good idea, Subject amended.

Many thanks

Martin.

theconrodkid - 8/9/08 at 08:32 PM

noted

Meeerrrk - 9/9/08 at 06:44 PM

sounds interesting, if the weather is dry then ill come along.

regards,

Mark

martinq357 - 10/9/08 at 05:24 PM

quote:
if the weather is dry

Mmmm, I think that's true of all of us.... Hope to see you on the 28th.

Great response on here, the other forums are a bit less enthusiastic. Still have to check Pistonheads though.

Martin.

Meeerrrk - 10/9/08 at 10:16 PM

Martin i see you are in frimley, im just down the road in camberley/yateley

Mark

martinq357 - 11/9/08 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Meeerrrk
Martin i see you are in frimley, im just down the road in camberley/yateley

Hi Mark, Not far from Frimley Hospital.

That is a fine Locoblade you have there, saw it the other day on the Stuart Taylor/Aries site.

The Tiger owners meet up at the Shepherd and Flock, Farnham, last Thursday of the month, any kitcar is more than welcome. There doesn't seem to be a 'general' kitcar club in this area (Surrey/Hants/Berks), so we thought we'd try and open it up a bit. Pop down if you get the chance.

Martin.

Meeerrrk - 11/9/08 at 09:08 PM

thanks, yes purchased the car from shaw pickard (the builder) last weekend

Ok cool i like the sound of that, wondered if there were any local meets. Fingers crossed for dry weather (again!) then.

Im just down the A30 past meadows roundabout, near the ELY pub, so not far from you.

thanks for the info, hopefully meet you some time in the near future

Mark

martinq357 - 22/9/08 at 08:22 PM

SATOC meeting this Thursday, all welcome:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/viatron/show_single_post?pid=28708867&postcount=1

Also another reminder for this coming Sunday, hope to see you there....... weather permitting!!

Martin.

Meeerrrk - 23/9/08 at 12:54 PM

still hoping to come along to the newlands meet. got a friend with a westy who is keen on coming too

Mark

Georgie - 24/9/08 at 11:54 AM

Aye, Ta mark!

Will be along providing i dont break it between now and then!

Meeerrrk - 24/9/08 at 02:19 PM

& if you do you can ride shot gun in mine

Georgie - 25/9/08 at 07:31 AM

Posted it on the WSCC site also. A wee bit of interest has come up, some are asking for a more detailed route!

Weather is looking good though. woo!

Sunny

High 20°C
Low 7°C
Chance of Precip.
10 %

martinq357 - 25/9/08 at 10:32 AM

Georgie,

Many thanks for posting it on the WSCC web site, the more the merrier!

As for the route, basically as follows - South from Newlands Corner(A25) - Right on to A248 - A3100 through Godalming - Pick up the A286 - Through Midhurst - Around Chichester, still on A286 - Pick up B2179 and into West wittering, Turn right at the Sea and there is a large, free (I'm told) Carpark.

I was planning to hand out the detailed route on the day.

See you Sunday!

Martin.

Meeerrrk - 25/9/08 at 01:48 PM

rough milage?

martinq357 - 25/9/08 at 04:57 PM

quote:
rough milage?

About 50 Miles and 1.5 hours or there abouts according to Google Maps.

Should do there and back on a tank......

Martin.

Meeerrrk - 25/9/08 at 05:36 PM

sounds good. Yes, should just do it!

Mark

martinq357 - 25/9/08 at 09:22 PM

OK, here's a link to the final route:

http://tinyurl.com/476vk5

We're actually ending up in East Wittering as there's a few more places to get lunch etc. Car Park is approx £3.00 all day so should be less for a couple of hours.

I'll bring some copies of the route Sunday.

See you at 10.00 for Bacon Butties at Newlands!

Martin.

[Edited on 25/9/08 by martinq357]

Georgie - 25/9/08 at 09:54 PM

Satnav! *thumbs up*

My ass is gonna hurt after 50 miles!

ALSO. went to the shepard and flock tonight. Only tin tops.. so went home.

Was late mind as i had popped a fuse on the lights and the throttle cable slipped as i was pulling away from home!

martinq357 - 26/9/08 at 07:11 AM

We were there, well three of us! but only in tin tops I'm afraid! Sorry we missed you. See you Sunday.

Georgie - 26/9/08 at 08:39 AM

Poor show!

was a beautiful night!

I went for a wee drive though tweesledown on the way home and had a clear uninterrupted run one way! was most enjoyable!

Surely you heard me pull up.. i turned around in the wee bit outside the front of the pub and then idled for a bit in the carpark!

But yus.. will see you on Sunday. I shall be up early as before a long drive i have a list of things to check as if i dont i will be requiring AA assistance! (VOE!)

I shall be in this :

doing this:

ibakes - 26/9/08 at 09:27 AM

Might meet you down at the witterings if that is ok and bring along a friend (maybe 2) if thats ok?

[Edited on 26/9/08 by ibakes]

Meeerrrk - 26/9/08 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Georgie
Satnav! *thumbs up*

My ass is gonna hurt after 50 miles!

ALSO. went to the shepard and flock tonight. Only tin tops.. so went home.

Was late mind as i had popped a fuse on the lights and the throttle cable slipped as i was pulling away from home!

50miles?! what are you, a girl!??! i drove mine 340 miles home, 5hrs45mins!!

Georgie - 26/9/08 at 09:43 AM

quote:
quote:

50miles?! what are you, a girl!??! i drove mine 340 miles home, 5hrs45mins!!

Well observed! I presume the lack of c**k did it for you! :p

You forget.. its not the miles that are the problem, its the heating i cant turn off till i insulate the exhaust manifold. My legs burn!!

James - 26/9/08 at 05:20 PM

Goddamn I wish my car was on the road!

Would love to come along on this. But unless I find a hidden wad of cash tonight and can buy tax/insurance tomorrow it ain't gonna happen.

Will come along and say hi though at Newlands hopefully.

Cheers,
James

Worzey - 27/9/08 at 06:53 AM

I'm coming with Mrs W in the Velocity with the kids travelling down to West Wittering with my parents later on.

I get a blast in the car and a family day out by the seaside

Job sorted!

Humbug - 27/9/08 at 10:36 AM

Just doing some checking of the motor this morning and found a broken trailing arm . I am trying to get it replaced/fixed
(see here) but if I can't, would anyone be willing to let me passenger on the blat from Newlands tomorrow? I would be gutted to miss the trip completely, and driving down in the tintop wouldn't quite be the same.

Please email or U2U me (buttons below)

TIA

Simon

EDIT: fixed up now thanks to Mark Chandler, so I should see you all at Newlands tomorrow morning

[Edited on 27.09.2008 by Humbug]

Georgie - 27/9/08 at 09:02 PM

I am infact in Newport, south Wales at the moment.. with the Westie. 125 mile one day trip performed faultlessly last night even with a muntain bike straped to the back.. Till this morning when on a drive to Bristol joining the M4 my bonnet catches flew off sending my bonnet in to incoming traffic.

Police retrieved it for me and i duct taped it back down. Thankfully it didnt cause any accidents .. but... i shall be there providing there are no break downs on the way back with much more ductape!

Humbug - 28/9/08 at 06:00 PM

It was a good run out today. Nice to see some new faces as well as some familiar ones. Thanks for organsing it Martin. I took a couple of pics the same as Rob's, but also individual cars so if you you didn't take a camera and want a pic of your car, U2U me with your email address (and saying which car ) and I'll send you a copy

Simon

martinq357 - 28/9/08 at 07:24 PM

I think the weather really helped. People swimming in the sea on the last weekend of September

Maybe head somewhere else next time..... How about West Wittering!

Great to see so many there, also good to see the Westfields to. Hope Georgies Alternator problem got sorted.

Martin.

[Edited on 28/9/08 by martinq357]

Georgie - 28/9/08 at 07:47 PM

Aye got it all sorted.

Hell frauds has teh right bolts, Olly got it going again. Light kept on coming on but just carried on anyway!

Its home, parked up and currently being ignored!!!

Meeerrrk - 29/9/08 at 08:48 AM

yes sorry we didnt make it to wittering, note to self...DONT INVITE GEORGIE AGAIN!

At least we made it to newlands (just)-great turn out hey. I'll come to the next run alone i think.

Mark

martinq357 - 29/9/08 at 11:54 AM

Mark,

Still didn't get a chance to have a look over your ST. Looks stunning.

Martin

Meeerrrk - 29/9/08 at 02:48 PM

yeah like i say shame i (we) didnt make it. And sorry to the lad who was hoping to get a lift up there too.

I went for a blast with some friends down in petersfield way in the end. Had a good afternoon.

as said, theres always next time!

Mark

ibakes - 29/9/08 at 05:23 PM

Few photos from the other day good drive home too

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

James - 29/9/08 at 06:10 PM

Great to see all the cars up at Newlands.

Was gutted not to have mine on the road and join you on the run though.

Inspired me to pull my finger out with mine and get her going again!

Cheers,
James

Surrey Dave - 29/9/08 at 06:54 PM

Thats what meets are for , I've gone from advertising mine for sale 2 months ago to compiling a list of updates to carry out!

I blame it on Bob , Conrod and Geoff

Worzey - 29/9/08 at 06:56 PM

More pics :

Cobra
Cobra

EW1
EW1

EW2
EW2

EW1
EW1

Locost
Locost

Newlands
Newlands

Velocity
Velocity

martthefridgeman - 29/9/08 at 08:11 PM

Looked like a grand day, I wish i had been able to go unfortunately i was on call for work on sunday and wasted a whole day sat by a phone that didn't ring not at least until 02.30 this morning. Hope someone organises another run like this again. ATB Mart.