Board logo

Progress...
Trems - 24/2/09 at 08:38 PM

Engine is now in position, cradle is 80% complete:

Engine In!
Engine In!

engine cradle 1
engine cradle 1

I've done the cradle as a single-peice so the whole thing can be taken out from the top by undoing 6 M10's.

sump & filter clearance
sump & filter clearance

Only just got it to fit! should just about have enough ground clearance, thanks to Andrew C for the advice ...although those ally lugs might have to come off and a sumpsheild be knocked up???

roadrunner - 24/2/09 at 09:28 PM

Looking good.

Have you given the engine any support from lower down the chassis bottom coming up.

andrew.carwithen - 24/2/09 at 09:43 PM

Looking good, mate. I reckon you'll have an inch more ground clearance than mine.
Have you fitted a baffle plate to prevent oil surge?
I would remove the fins from the bottom of the sump. I did and the sump still brushed the edge of the trailer when loading car for SVA !
I like the 'zorst manifold - is it from a Westie megablade?

Andy.

BenB - 24/2/09 at 10:31 PM

I wouldn't remove the fins. I've got them on my ST1100 and I use them to decide when I need to raise the ride height a bit

dogwood - 25/2/09 at 11:08 AM

But, But, But.
Isn't that a Motorbicycle engine????..

sorry...
Looking good

David

Trems - 25/2/09 at 10:11 PM

roadrunner:

engine cradle 2
engine cradle 2

I havent finished it off yet but both lower mounts will come off these two angled struts, negating the need for a lower cradle section. The struts also support the crossbar of the upper cradle it is also stronger, stiffer and lighter than having two sections.

AC: Yeah the whole package is of Megablade origin, so its got uprated clutch, baffles, prop adaptor and ss exhaust system.

Ben: fair comment! noted

dogwood: thats the point...if i wanted a slow car i'd have bought a fiesta