Board logo

new windscreen needed for luego viento?
VIENTOV8 - 13/9/13 at 08:53 AM

hi guys does anyone know where i can get a new windscreen for my viento? and roughly what it will cost?
andrew.

whitestu - 13/9/13 at 09:00 AM

I got one cut to fit my Caterham frame at a local glass place in laminated glass for £35.

Stu

VIENTOV8 - 13/9/13 at 09:27 AM

hi stu thats interesting, i will look into that.
andrew.

Dave Bailey - 13/9/13 at 05:17 PM

There is a company near me in Havant that did an absolutely cracking job.. I gave them the frame they took a digital image of the frame and cut a piece of 8mm laminate... The profile was perfect and the edge was totally smooth.... £50.00

VIENTOV8 - 14/9/13 at 09:44 AM

thanks for the help guys, went to my local glass place and they can do one for around £35, thats the great thing about kit cars, cheap parts and easy to fit.
andrew.

wilkingj - 14/9/13 at 11:56 AM

Hmmm.. Remember he has a Viento and thats a LOT wider, and a std Cateringvan one will not fit.
Also might need to be a slightly taller than std.
Check the height will work with whatever wipers / blades you are going to use.

Is its Pre or post IVA? ie will you need the markings in the glass for IVA?

Brasscraft do one, but its MEGA expensive £800 ish, but it is very nice, (Talk to Suggs)
Luego do them, but I wasnt too impressed by the steel frame.

You can also talk to the old Lolocost / Robin Hood (all since renamed to ??) as the parts people did a rail kit, and will cut to you dimensions. Its then up to you to bend it and get some glass fitted. I know as I did ask them about it. It was just a case of getting the dimensions right!

jacko - 14/9/13 at 02:22 PM

looking at his photo archive its only the glass he needs but good info any way
Jacko

VIENTOV8 - 14/9/13 at 03:27 PM

yes i only need new glass, new laminated windscreen from my local glass company only £35 now thats a result.
andrew.

kj - 15/9/13 at 07:38 AM

Tried a cople of places and looking at £49 +VAT, so the aeroscreen stays for now