Board logo

Luego owners Going to Newark 2008
jollygreengiant - 13/10/07 at 04:49 PM

right I now have the application form for Newark 2008. The dates as eslewhere are
Saturday 21st & Sunday 22rd June.

So as previously I would like some idea of whose going and on what days so that I know how big a display area we might need. easiest way is a quick straw poll so please ONLY reply if you have a Luego and would like to come on our display stand.

Thank you all for you support over the previous year. Well done to those that have completed their cars and got them on the road this year, I'm sure that we shall have even better support and turnouts next year.

Even Mr Bumble should be on the road.

Thank all.

JGG

Enjoy.

I'd put 23 instead of 22

[Edited on 13/10/07 by jollygreengiant]

jollygreengiant - 13/10/07 at 04:51 PM

It ain't finished yet, BUT I'm going to hedge my bets.

I gotta try and be positive after today.

Paul (Notts) - 13/10/07 at 05:28 PM

I'll be there in The Viento. Will be camping friday to sunday.

Paul.

wilkingj - 13/10/07 at 05:33 PM

Ditto... Fri to Sun camping and in the Viento.

Suggest same place as before for camping unless its a quagmire again

Can someone bring a Tumble Drier this time?.
Will probably get some waterproof bags before then

NeilP - 13/10/07 at 05:43 PM

I'll be brave and go for camping on the Sat night as a.) Not done the wild outdoors yet with the beast and b.) Need to tackle SWMBO as she never sees me in the week...

Paul (Notts) - 13/10/07 at 05:45 PM

Not made much progress on the car this week as work and home have both been a bit stressfull, but It should be ready for SVA before Christmass.

Looking forward to being able to get in it and just get away for a while.

Paul.

We must arrange to meet up somewhere close so that we arrive in a convoy.

[Edited on 13/10/07 by Paul (Notts)]

wilkingj - 14/10/07 at 07:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
I'll be brave and go for camping on the Sat night as a.) Not done the wild outdoors yet with the beast and b.) Need to tackle SWMBO as she never sees me in the week...

Bring her along too... make a weekend of it.
As long as the weather is dry, its a good weekend, with BBQ and a beer and sitting out in the evening having a good chat and a laugh.
Then she wont feel left out / behind, and the few other girls that brave it, will have someone else to do the girly speak thing with.

mark-wiring - 14/10/07 at 07:52 AM

Im sure you can add John and myself to the list will be up on the saturday morning with car done or otherwise i may even drag my long suffering wife with me lol

rusty nuts - 14/10/07 at 09:20 AM

I hope to be there friday evening , monsoon or not .

Paradoxia0 - 14/10/07 at 10:51 AM

I will do my best to camp over the Friday night in the Luego - engine permitting

If the misses comes then that will be me just there on Saturday or Sunday though... we will see!

Mark

jollygreengiant - 14/10/07 at 11:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring
Im sure you can add John and myself to the list will be up on the saturday morning with car done or otherwise i may even drag my long suffering wife with me lol

Ok thats three top class humans, but what about 'The Beast'

richard thomas - 14/10/07 at 02:15 PM

Plan is to do both days in the velocity and overnight Saturday, but it's a long way off yet.....

mark-wiring - 14/10/07 at 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring

Ok thats three top class humans, but what about 'The Beast'

That will be there 2 sva or no sva it will be there and should be driving under its own steam by then were trying to be finished before the show but you all know how these things go ..........................

Dave J - 15/10/07 at 08:17 AM

Me and the family should be there in the Viento, not sure which day until nearer the time.

Cheers

Dave

NeilP - 15/10/07 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
As long as the weather is dry, its a good weekend, with BBQ and a beer and sitting out in the evening having a good chat and a laugh.
Then she wont feel left out / behind, and the few other girls that brave it, will have someone else to do the girly speak thing with.

Geoff - I have more chance of scoring with Cameron Diaz at Newark than getting her to camp!!!

So, we live in hope...

jollygreengiant - 15/10/07 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj

Geoff - I have more chance of scoring with Cameron Diaz at Newark than getting her to camp!!!

So, we live in hope...

Just tell her that I shall be there. And tomorrow night you will be with Cameron Diaz.

More to the point tell her that my Good lady & daughter will be looking forward to seeing her.

jollygreengiant - 12/11/07 at 09:33 PM

Ok, so in conjunction with this post and the other post I will be filling out and sending of the paper work for Newark AND hopefully this weekend chasing down the paperwork for Stoneleigh this weekend.

As a result of these recent postings I shall be hoping, nay expecting everyone to be doing me proud and completing their cars AND showing them next year. Those who fail to bring their cars can pay a forfeit of supplying the meat for the Barbeque. or the beer.

I shall be booking for display stands to show 25 cars.

Lets all have a good Christmas and even better next year. Enjoy your building AND enjoy your driving.

Enjoy.

JGG