Board logo

Rear Arch Fitment
SJC - 21/8/08 at 04:39 PM

Hi

Just want to see how people have fixed rear arches on?

I will beat you to the nuts and bolts answer !!!!!

Was trying to find some pics as well, anybody got any that can share with me ??

Many thanks

Stu

iiyama - 21/8/08 at 04:51 PM

M6 flanged nuts and bolts but not steel, nylon!

saigonij - 21/8/08 at 05:42 PM

M6 nuts and bolts with large diameter washers to spread the load.

jollygreengiant - 21/8/08 at 05:48 PM

M6 Stainless steel nuts, bolts and penny washers.

tomgregory2000 - 21/8/08 at 06:17 PM

Ive just fitted my arches, had the day off work and got them all done now with lights fitted, i was worried that i would get them in the wrong place as there such a big bit but it all went well with no probs, i used M6 X 25mm hex s/s bolts with penny washers and nyloc nuts and the tadpole rubber between the arch and the bodywork.
Good luck

Tommy

perci - 21/8/08 at 06:25 PM

Dont forget to put the wheels on the car first to get correct position, ie, centre the arches to the wheels rather than position to the bodywork, we used stainless nuts and bolts with stainless penny washers, best of luck, pete and bec.

rusty nuts - 21/8/08 at 06:36 PM

At the recent Newark show every Luego there had the rear arches fitted differently I got my car sitting on its wheels the centralised the arch measuring from the center of the wheel with both front and rear edges level with the side and rear panel. Looks better than a huge gap above the wheel IMHO

Paul (Notts) - 21/8/08 at 06:45 PM

I like mine the way they are

Nowt wrong with big gaps

tootall - 21/8/08 at 10:00 PM

i put mine on last month spent ages measuring and marking them out did a reall neat job with piping round and everything made the car look nearly finished.
The car is still up in the air and i got a set of new rear disks and pads and fitted them with new bearings last night! i put a wheel on to check bearing was fitted right and then realised my arch is not central its nearly a inch out !!!!
so im not happy today did touch the car today just turned lighs off and went home