Board logo

Stud length for RS alloys?
birdii - 19/9/06 at 02:19 PM

Hi,
I was hoping to order some studs today but i'm not sure what size to get. The wheels are RS alloys with tapered seats, 6" wide.
Just wondered if anybody else with these wheels could remember what length stud is needed?
Thanks in advance!
Dan

Mark Allanson - 19/9/06 at 03:54 PM

I cannot give an exact measurement without removing a wheel, but they are quite short as the swivelling taper on the chromed nut goes a long way into the tapered hole in the wheel - I would guess at 35mm

Alan_Thomas - 19/9/06 at 04:12 PM

I have fitted RS alloys and had to change the studs in the back axle from the old UNF to metric M12 got some some 'Burton Power' code WS1215 I recall.
The guys are quite helpful a call to them will confirm it
- Alan

[Edited on 19/9/06 by Alan_Thomas]

big_wasa - 19/9/06 at 04:32 PM

If they have a tapered seat, are they not Laser wheels and not Rs ?

if so I got mine from Ford, they told me they are fitted to Mondeo/Couger and many more seem plenty long enough.

birdii - 21/9/06 at 02:33 PM

My studs have arrived from Rally design today so i'll see tonight if i have got the correct length, i ordered the longest ones in the end, can always shorten them if needed. I had the 47mm ones in the 4x4 rear hubs already and i think they would have been really border line.

quote:

If they have a tapered seat, are they not Laser wheels and not Rs ?

I think you know more about old ford wheels than me, to be honest i thought all the wheels of that style were RS but i don't know much about old ford stuff. So which are the best to have, RS or Laser wheels and is there any difference apart from different manufacturers and different nut seats?

Cheers