Board logo

Car Stereo
spoonana - 13/4/14 at 09:51 PM

Hi all,

Strange request but has anyone had experience fitting a car stereo into a seven type car.

I'm in the process of building my Tiger Cat E1 for daily use and was looking at ways to save windscreen space. My idea was to fit a double din stereo with sat nav, bluetooth and a rear view camera mounted to some marine speakers.

Is there anything I need to be careful of or does anyone have any ideas as the best way to do it.

Many thanks

Max

austin man - 13/4/14 at 10:19 PM

I have one fitted in mine I have a 3.5 mm jack plug fitted so I can use earphones to listen to the music

computid - 13/4/14 at 10:48 PM

Personally I've resigned myself to using earphones and my iPhone. You just can't hear a stereo over the road noise.

Slimy38 - 14/4/14 at 05:13 AM

I was going to go for a dash mount for my phone, with a hidden amp and (with any luck) the speakers that are in the headrest of the MX5 seats. Hopefully it'll keep the used dash space down to a minimum, inherently secure (I'd always take my phone with me), but still give me all the features of the phone. The phone would obviously need a power source (a USB port would cover that) and either a bluetooth receiver or a bog standard 3.5mm jack to plug the phone in.

Irony - 14/4/14 at 06:15 AM

Don't see why you put a normal stereo in these days. You could just mount a tablet in the dash. Small amp and done. You might even get a dock so it just slots in.