Board logo

My Locost redtop XE 16V (lots of pics)
YODI - 6/10/09 at 09:07 PM

Hi all,

I've found a car I'd like to buy but that means selling my kit car, I have also lost my local garage and the car is 70 miles away from home so not easy to access for me either.

I've recently carried out a full rebuild on the engine and am still part way through running it in. I rebuilt it as it was smoking due to a cracked valve guide.

The parts from SBD and oil from Oilman alone cost me £800 and thats not including any labour that is just parts.

There is about 5 months mot and 5 months tax remaining... It has 3 previous keepers, 2 were brothers.

There is a big build folder full of photos from the original build in 04 and I took pics of the engine build.

[U]Spec:[/U]

- Built and SVA'd in 2004
- Rebuilt XE on weber 40 carbs
- Type 9 ford box
- Atlas Axle
- HR 15" alloys and brand new Toyo proxies T1r (done 150 miles)
- Slimline seats harnesses
- Oil Cooler
- Electric fan
- Full electric gauges, replaced some with new Racetechs
- Freshly powdercoated Cam and timing belt covers
- Hydraulic clutch conversion
- 4-1 Side exit exhaust
- Coilovers

Even while running in you can feel the torque, with a set of 45's this should see circa 200bhp

I'm asking £4500 or offers for it, may PX depends what it is but MUST have a roof and be able to park it on a road overnight.

The main bad point about this car is the wiring is a bit messy, it all works as it should but it needs tidying however I did a lot of the engine side during the rebuild.

Thanks for looking, Yodi

[B]How it sits now:[/B]

[B]And during build pics.[/B]

[Edited on 6/10/09 by YODI]

YODI - 7/10/09 at 12:44 PM

400 views no interest or even comments?

carpmart - 7/10/09 at 02:52 PM

OK, since you ask so nicely, here is a comment from me Yodi! I thought you said you were keeping this one!

I'm a Turbosport member too!

On a serious note, it looks a nice car and you have clearly put a lot into it in your short ownership. Come on people, get in contact with Yodi, he apparently doesn't bite!

Good Luck!

YODI - 7/10/09 at 02:54 PM

HAHA only a TS member would know how bad I am lol

ban1216 - 7/10/09 at 07:09 PM

Was this for sale on pistonheads about 6 months ago???

YODI - 7/10/09 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ban1216
Was this for sale on pistonheads about 6 months ago???

yes.

ban1216 - 8/10/09 at 06:46 AM

Are you the owner that had it advertised or did you buy it ?

YODI - 8/10/09 at 11:12 AM

I bought it.. Why the questions, something wrong?

ban1216 - 8/10/09 at 04:45 PM

No sorry about the questions i didnt want to offend the ex owner
let me explain .........
I went over to look at the car about a 3 hour drive and when i got there i was sorely disapointed with it and i hate to say it i nearly didnt buy a seven type car based on the overall way that it was presented
May i say that you have transformed the car from what i saw as a dog into a definite contender and a very nicely presented car
the engine bay before was horrible and covered in smeg with dodgy connections all over
so it is now a credit to you and good luck with the sale

YODI - 8/10/09 at 04:48 PM

Ah makes sense now I thought there was something you knew that I didnt..

Yes when I got it, it needed work and still does but far less than when i got it.

The engine let go on me 300 miles after I bought it so was a bit gutted but ive kept every receipt since owning it and tidied it up loads as you have noticed in the pics.

It does still need the wiring tidying up as ther is a lot of loom/wires that are not in use that could go.

Thanks for your reply, I started getting paranoid lol

ban1216 - 8/10/09 at 04:54 PM

I am in the middle of stripping my westfields unneccessary wires out now and jesus there is a lot of them
heater and windscreen have gone along with the wipers and the smiths guages in favou of a veypor digi dash and quite a few less switches
sorry if i had you paranoid about it didnt want to cause offence but i am glad in hindsight that i didnt buy it back then even at a lower price as it probably wouldnt off got me home lol
Still we live and learn
good luck witht the sale