Board logo

Cheap blade motor Fife Alba
mangogrooveworkshop - 10/2/09 at 12:13 PM

Must cheapness for a blade

Mr Whippy - 10/2/09 at 12:17 PM

hard to believe a bike is being broken up cos some bits of plastic have fallen off!

mangogrooveworkshop - 10/2/09 at 12:46 PM

Its a sad fact that these parts are so expensive that they have write the bikes off in a stroke.
But the bike industry knows there's a new unit required to replace the broken one......new unit = sales and profit.....

Mark can tell us more

scootz - 10/2/09 at 01:33 PM

That's the bummer with bikes... replacement parts are SOOOO expensive! Mind you, when you look at the technology that goes into them, then you can see why the manufacturers try to claw-in every extra penny they can!

I'd have happily bought the whole bike!

I remember reading in 'Ride' magazine many years ago what it would cost to build a Blade using individual OEM parts... it was something stupid and certainly over £50k!

blueskate - 10/2/09 at 01:44 PM

It may just be me but that front wheel looks a little too vertical to me? i reckon the frame may be damaged where the forks connect to it

Mr Whippy - 10/2/09 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blueskate
It may just be me but that front wheel looks a little too vertical to me? i reckon the frame may be damaged where the forks connect to it

from other angles it looks ok and there's no damage to the lower lip on the bottom fairing.

I bought GRP race bodywork from my CBR and it only cost about £150, really its first class quailty and given a coat of paint looks very nice, weighs nothing too. Personally I'd just ditch the broken plastic and use the GRP instead...

idl1975 - 10/2/09 at 05:52 PM

It would be a great track bike for £400 quid. If I was anywhere near Fife, I'd go have a look. That said, I suspect the forks are bent, and quite possibly the headstock as well, which is probably why the owner didn't buy it back...

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by blueskate

from other angles it looks ok and there's no damage to the lower lip on the bottom fairing.

I bought GRP race bodywork from my CBR and it only cost about £150, really its first class quailty and given a coat of paint looks very nice, weighs nothing too. Personally I'd just ditch the broken plastic and use the GRP instead...

scootz - 10/2/09 at 06:59 PM

They won't sell the bike whole...