Board logo

Recognize this?
robinbastd - 28/7/05 at 08:59 PM

As seen on Kit Car Crisis...........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4565209546&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:UK:1

Also selling his Fury.

TimC - 28/7/05 at 09:04 PM

How much?

Shirley he can't be sherious?

Is that fair money?

jonbeedle - 28/7/05 at 09:38 PM

I don't mean to be disrespectful but £6500 and the reserve isn't even met? Is that not taking the piss? I could get a complete Hayabusa for much much less!

subk2002 - 28/7/05 at 10:11 PM

Why is he selling them both ?

robinbastd - 28/7/05 at 10:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by subk2002
Why is he selling them both ?

Probably to fund his next TV show "Build a Saturn 5 rocket and fly to the moon"

Ian

Jonr - 28/7/05 at 10:18 PM

go on ask him a question

TimC - 28/7/05 at 10:27 PM

Oooo, Ive got a good one:

"Why was the engine never raced? Can you prove that it hasn't?"

LOL

Jonr - 28/7/05 at 10:31 PM

or

Is the engine ready to be collected or do I have to hold the link extractor while you mash my thumb with a big hammer?

Jonr - 28/7/05 at 10:34 PM

"Can you tell me how much it weighs as Im not sure if my suspesion mounts are up to it?"

"Impressive BHP figures but how much torque does it produce as I'm worried in might bend my chassis."

subk2002 - 28/7/05 at 11:01 PM

go for it

woodster - 29/7/05 at 09:07 AM

Don't hold your breath for a new series then!!!!............. I think the car was easier to fix than his bottle

Kissy - 29/7/05 at 10:11 AM

I asked (via ebay) whether the parts he lists in his sub-header were included or extra, as he used the phrase 'can be' available in the text body, here's his answer:
"They would be at an "extra cost£". At present the engine and all parts are installed in an RGB car. What I would suggest is that upon inspection, if other parts were wanted I would remove them and we could come to some nominal arrangement. As it is fully installed still there is basically everything you would possibly need. Also in my workshop I have a large amount of pipes, clips and other spares that could be negotiated into the package. I would be happy to discuss all parts etc as part of an overall sale should a basic price be agreed on for the engine and dry sump etc. There is a Tilton brake system - floor mounted, fire extinguisher system with 2 remote pull handles and lots of other stuff. "
Nominal arrangement?? Interesting turn of phrase

I assume he has a quantity of offcut steel for sale - trouble is it resembles a wobbly climbing frame at present.

How about somebody asking him if the car is for sale?

donut - 29/7/05 at 10:57 AM

I wonder if his ex wife saw the programme, found out how much he was getting paid and demanded half!

timf - 29/7/05 at 12:42 PM

his fisher fury is also for sale
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29750&item=4564703899&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

quote:
Originally posted by tit from the telly
Dry stored for 5 months and selling due to other kit build.

timf - 29/7/05 at 12:44 PM

ask the question

will i need a crane to get the engine out

ned - 29/7/05 at 12:48 PM

156bhp from a 1.4 k-series? i know its a good little engine for a 1.4 and makes 105bhp as standard, but 156bhp that must be heavily modded to make that sort of hp, surely better off with a 1.6 or 1.8 or was that to a race class reg?

Ned.

ps don't get sky so didn't see the series..

stevebubs - 29/7/05 at 12:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ned
156bhp from a 1.4 k-series? i know its a good little engine for a 1.4 and makes 105bhp as standard, but 156bhp that must be heavily modded to make that sort of hp, surely better off with a 1.6 or 1.8 or was that to a race class reg?

Ned.

ps don't get sky so didn't see the series..

It's a warrior K series engine professionally built for the previous owner of the car.

DarrenW - 29/7/05 at 01:23 PM

i bet he is following this thread on here and p155ing himself laughing at your comments. He probs made a wedge of cash out of doing the program, the car was probs just a means to an end.

You lot can be heartless at times!!!!!! LOL but i like it!