Board logo

Goodies at Aldi's
Roman - 8/9/08 at 03:25 PM

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week38sunday08.htm

iank - 8/9/08 at 03:38 PM

Tap and die set seems far too good to be true. Made from chocolate?
Chinese or German?

coozer - 8/9/08 at 04:03 PM

Yep, I got a set last time and they are rubbish.. not used the dyes but the taps are far too soft.

novacaine - 8/9/08 at 04:40 PM

lmao £39.99 for a welder

mad4x4 - 8/9/08 at 04:51 PM

But it's an arc welder useful for WHAT exactly.

It's going to be too small to weld heavy stuff and crap at welding thin stuff IMHO

muzchap - 8/9/08 at 05:21 PM

I'm with Mad 4x4 on the welder

The rivet gun seems pretty cheap and the tap/die set is probably ok for aluminium jobs - I'll get one and let ya know

M

balidey - 8/9/08 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Yep, I got a set last time and they are rubbish.. not used the dyes but the taps are far too soft.

The trick is not to use them as taps and dies, use them for thread cleaning / chasing / restoring then they are fine.

f1ngers - 8/9/08 at 06:44 PM

I bought one of those Hand Riveters some time back. Works well for odd jobs including side panels etc. but who designed the plastic covers for the handles? They are rock hard and give you blisters after about 3 rivets!
I took them off and rammed on some rubber pipe (heater hose I think) and they are much more useable now.

Humbug - 8/9/08 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by f1ngers
I bought one of those Hand Riveters some time back. Works well for odd jobs including side panels etc. but who designed the plastic covers for the handles? They are rock hard and give you blisters after about 3 rivets!
I took them off and rammed on some rubber pipe (heater hose I think) and they are much more useable now.

Great minds think alike! I did the same with a riveter