Board logo

Google search results?
coozer - 8/8/12 at 10:46 PM

Just recently after many years of good service from google I find its giving me reams of not very good info..

EG: I want some tyres,so I like to look at different sites for all options.. however, now when I search I get pages of info where the first 50 or so are from the same site with all the different sizes, prices, shipping info etc, then the next 50 results are for everything remotely related form ebay.. and so on, about 400 results but from only 3 different sits!

Whats going on here? Is it time for a new search engine?

40inches - 9/8/12 at 07:58 AM

Same here, if you want info you first have to endure pages of sites tying to sell what you don't want, and while we are at it,
eBay is getting on my t**s with pages of listings for the same item, from a seller listing each individual make and model.

loggyboy - 9/8/12 at 08:15 AM

With ebay its easy to cut out the crap, either by using -(***) in the search bar to pull out keywords, or click on the seller type and add the seller that has too many ads to the exclude list.

As for google, link to your search coozer

MRLuke - 9/8/12 at 10:06 AM

Add more keywords to your search.

If you are looking to buy things rather than information on them then add "£" etc.

britishtrident - 9/8/12 at 10:13 AM

With Google you will get vastly different search results from Google toolbar search than from www.google.co.uk

By pet hate at the moment is DuckDuckGo I consider it malware.