Board logo

Megajolt Map Bins
Surrey Dave - 22/7/05 at 10:49 PM

I have my megajolt connected to my laptop if i do nothing the map reading is 100 , if I suck on the MAP sensor connection it goes down to around 70 , is that correct?

I thought I would get a higher figure for more vacuum............

GeoffT - 22/7/05 at 11:11 PM

That's dead right Dave, atmospheric is 100 Kpa (whatever the **** Kpa's are) full vac is 0 Kpa. Had me wondering at first.
Why's it so difficult to type when you're p!ssed??

Surrey Dave - 22/7/05 at 11:18 PM

So if my runtime display gives me 100 no vac and 56 full vac how will that relate to my map bins on the config file?

Do you take the low from the high to give for instance 44 total spread and divide in 10 equal bin values.

GeoffT - 22/7/05 at 11:31 PM

I *think* the lowest (ie highest vac) Kpa you're likely to achieve is around 55-60. Use this value as your low bin (I used 50), ranging up to 100Kpa, and do even spread between these two figures for the intermediate bins.

[Edited on 22/7/05 by GeoffT]

[Edited on 22/7/05 by GeoffT]

Jonr - 23/7/05 at 09:15 AM

kPa = Kilopascals = 1000 pascals

pascals are the SI unit of pressure - one newton acting on one square metre

god thats geeky for Saturday morning!

Surrey Dave - 23/7/05 at 10:16 AM

From the megajolt website , I see that 100kpa should be the map reading for normal atmosphere, therfore I 'm guessing that whereas the bin nubers increase for throttle position sensor , they must start at 100 kpa and decrease in 10 steps until you reach what ever your maximum vacuum is ( say 50 kpa)

Surrey Dave - 23/7/05 at 02:02 PM

SUCCESS.......

got my unit running on a 12v psu , connected to laptop via serial cable...........

Then used the instructions from Megajolt Website ... worked 1st time.......... the only thing i changed was the name of the firmware file to 301.s19 to avoid possible errors and make it easier to remember........

Megajolt site says" Open a command prompt. At the prompt enter:

> hc08sprg COM1 mjlJunior-3.0.0-beta.s19

(replace the mjlJunior-xxxxxxx.s19 file with the name of the .s19 file you just downloaded).

Replace COM1 with whatever com port you normally use.

The message on the screen will indicating that it's waiting for you to power up the unit. You can now apply power. The bootloader will then ask for confirmation; when you are ready, enter 'Y'. The new firmware will be written. "

My command line was:

c:megajolt> hc08sprg COM1 301.s19

have written a basic 2d map to get me running.......

THIS HAS NOW BEEN POSTED IN THE CORRECT PLACE :

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=29070&page=2

[Edited on 23/7/05 by Surrey Dave]

Deckman001 - 23/7/05 at 02:12 PM

One day I'll work out what you are all talking about !!

Jason

theconrodkid - 23/7/05 at 02:17 PM

hm sounds like jibberish to moi as well

GeoffT - 23/7/05 at 03:55 PM

Well done Dave! Now you've worked out how to do it I'll have a go at upgrading mine

big_wasa - 23/7/05 at 06:57 PM

For anybody that hates computers there is an all in one installer.

Its as easy as buying a game It worked for me first time on the laptop and the desktop..

Suck as hard as I could I could only get the kpa down to 60.

Are there any books/websites that explain ignition advance.