Board logo

how to make dizzy work with webbers
darrenga - 26/4/07 at 03:55 PM

really getting desperate now,can anyone tell me how i can make my dizzy of a 2.0 pinto injection work with twin webbers.please explain in the easyest way,as know nothing about them
pic of similar dizzy Rescued attachment 405c_1.jpg
Rescued attachment 405c_1.jpg

cadebytiger - 26/4/07 at 04:02 PM

you need an ECU to use an injection dizzy

cadebytiger - 26/4/07 at 04:04 PM

would be better off with one of these from aldon - like i said i might have one spare somewhere

http://www.aldonauto.co.uk/

FORD OHC (PINTO) ALL BOSCH UNITS
104FPY A non-vacuum distributor to suit engines fitted with side draught carburettors but retaining the standard camshaft.

104FPR1 A non-vacuum distributor to suit engines fitted with side draught carburettors and fitted with a modified camshaft such as piper 270, 285, Kent RL1, RL2, Burton 32, 33 or 40, 41 etc.

104FPR2 A distributor with vacuum advance to suit engines fitted with twin choke
down draught carburettors together with a modified camshaft.

flak monkey - 26/4/07 at 05:16 PM

Either get a points dizzy, or an early electronic one (with the small esc unit with 6? wires i think)

Or do as I did and fit a properly modified distributor from H&H ignition solutions (google it). I have had brill service from them, and they really know what they are talking about.

David

nib1980 - 26/4/07 at 05:45 PM

Or you could use megajolt, and do away with the dizzy altogether like me

dave-69isit - 26/4/07 at 07:49 PM

i have early disy if you still need one with amp

gottabedone - 28/4/07 at 10:34 PM

Get a Bosch early dizzy with the built in (non points) electronic ignition. Ford, VW, Alfa etc standard fitment. Sort your own timing marks out. The bodies are the same and you can swap the insides between the new and the old - I did on my Alfa.

regards

Steve