Board logo

detling show
matty_64 - 12/4/08 at 05:18 PM

who went to detling today.was it worth it as i was planning to go tomorrow if the weather is ok

nitram38 - 12/4/08 at 06:55 PM

According to the weather forcast it is going to be wet tomorrow

rgrs - 12/4/08 at 06:57 PM

Apart from the weather, it was the usual detling show with all the usual suspects in attendance. Probably worth it if you need a few bits.

Roger

Ricks-9r - 12/4/08 at 07:08 PM

yea it was alright picked up a few small bits for me 64 88" series 2 landy ,it did p1$$ down during the day for a while but luckily didn't take the Mac but wanted too ,Was hoping to see Mac#1 Motorsport there but no show ,maybe there be @ PETERBOROUGH ? & entrance fee of £9 was a bit steep i thought for mainly a show of trade stands

Humbug - 12/4/08 at 07:21 PM

It was OK given that it was free to get in, but I recognise some of the same actual cars on the stands, as well as the exhibitors. Bought a few things.

btw, what a f*cking usefless weather forecast from the site I checked! "20% chance of precipitation, possible light showers". Well, thunder and lightning, heavy rain and hail ain't my idea of light showers! Luckily I had a cover with me which kept most of the wet out when I was parked up, but I got absolutely soaked on the way home, and standing water on the dual carriageway is not fun

[Edited on 12.04.2008 by Humbug]

piddy - 12/4/08 at 10:48 PM

Yes went along today. weather put the dampers on things a bit. Still had a good time at the show and travelling 250 miles in convoy.

If you need bits go if not I wouldn't bother if the weather is going to be wet.

bassett - 12/4/08 at 10:57 PM

I liked the show but i dont think it was as good as the only other kit car show ive been to which is donnington. Being half way through my build it was great to see lots of kits and meet some owners. Trade stands were also worth it as i cant face to pay more vat or delivery charges for the minor bits and bobs that are needed along the way. But by the time id got all my bits and fancied a last walk round the cars most had gone by 2-3ish which due to the weather was expected.

shortie - 13/4/08 at 06:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
It was OK given that it was free to get in, but I recognise some of the same actual cars on the stands, as well as the exhibitors. Bought a few things.

btw, what a f*cking usefless weather forecast from the site I checked! "20% chance of precipitation, possible light showers". Well, thunder and lightning, heavy rain and hail ain't my idea of light showers! Luckily I had a cover with me which kept most of the wet out when I was parked up, but I got absolutely soaked on the way home, and standing water on the dual carriageway is not fun

[Edited on 12.04.2008 by Humbug]

Hi mate,

Know what you mean about the standing water, was a bloody nightmare on the dual cariageway by the showground!!

Rich.

djtom - 13/4/08 at 09:09 PM

Went yesterday - was pretty crap I thought, saved only by the fact that I got in for free because I took the Tiger. Didn't see anything particularly innovative on display (although that Epona will look nice once in production I think) and all in all it was exactly the same as last year including most of the demo cars.

Tiger had their new ally bodied RS6 - I think I'd want body panels that fitted a bit better for that sort of money though. Lots of Cobras around, but mostly of the polish, chrome and cream leather type, which led to some amusement when the owners realised that they were going to get very very wet....

I got bored after an hour so after the storm cleared off I drove down to Lydden (caught up with the storm half way - doh!) and watched the BARC races for the rest of the day which was brilliant, especially the historic touring car championship - some great driving and a great variety of cars. One race had two Anglias and a Lotus Cortina trading places several times a lap for the whole race, and they all sounded brilliant whilst giving it death - that unique sound of a full race engine on big carbs, popping and spitting on the over run.

Met some other Tiger owners who were racing too - congrats to Mark Steadman (I think?) in the R6 for a great drive through the field on the last race. 18th to 6th in 15 laps was good going!

Tom