Board logo

Impressing the local CHAV's
carpmart - 6/2/09 at 02:00 PM

Apparently, I'm now quite cool according to my 14 year old son!

The local corsa Chav's were out wheel spinning and hand braking in the snow/ice this morning. Its safe to say that following my 'demonstration', they now understand why RWD is better than FWD!

Mr Whippy - 6/2/09 at 02:08 PM

they'll just start driving in reverse now

carpmart - 6/2/09 at 02:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
they'll just start driving in reverse now

LOL, your probably right!

paul the 6th - 6/2/09 at 02:28 PM

did you bust some moves?

idl1975 - 6/2/09 at 02:29 PM

You can do throttle turns / doughnuts in snow with a FWD car. Get the back moving with a bit of scandinavian flick (aka the old Ingmar Bergman) and handbrake, then keep the momentum of the swing at the back going with front wheels and steering (no handbrake) until you're travelling the other way. It can be done basically on the spot if the surface is snowy enough.

Used to do it with my V6 Eclipse...admittedly the 70% weight over the front axle helped with that.

quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Apparently, I'm now quite cool according to my 14 year old son!

The local corsa Chav's were out wheel spinning and hand braking in the snow/ice this morning. Its safe to say that following my 'demonstration', they now understand why RWD is better than FWD!

carpmart - 6/2/09 at 02:40 PM

Of course a skilled driver can use a FWD car to provoke sliding, I didn't say one couldn't. The corsa boys were actually doing quite well! However, its easier and better fun with RWD!

minitici - 6/2/09 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by idl1975
You can do throttle turns / doughnuts in snow with a FWD car. Get the back moving with a bit of scandinavian flick (aka the old Ingmar Bergman) ........

LOL - Maybe Stig Blomquist

[Edited on 6/2/09 by minitici]

Richard Quinn - 6/2/09 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by minitici
quote:
Originally posted by idl1975
You can do throttle turns / doughnuts in snow with a FWD car. Get the back moving with a bit of scandinavian flick (aka the old Ingmar Bergman) ........

LOL - Maybe Stig Blomquist
LOL _ Or even Stig Blomqvist

whitestu - 6/2/09 at 03:06 PM

quote:

You can do throttle turns / doughnuts in snow with a FWD car. Get the back moving with a bit of scandinavian flick (aka the old Ingmar Bergman) and handbrake, then keep the momentum of the swing at the back going with front wheels and steering (no handbrake) until you're travelling the other way. It can be done basically on the spot if the surface is snowy enough.

I had to get the hang of this early on as my cars always seemed to have the handbrakes on the front wheels!

Stu

Bigheppy - 6/2/09 at 06:15 PM

'they'll just start driving in reverse now'
Naah they will just nick your car