Board logo

Passed bike test
Miks15 - 21/2/09 at 08:58 PM

I passed my motorbike test yesterday. Unfortunatly since im only 17 its only restricted access so bikes only at 33BHP for now. (but ive heard they seem to fall out very quickly?)

Anyway just like to share my joy and say how much fun it is already and ive only been out for one long ride.

For those who missed my thread ages ago when i first bought the bike here it is

Stuart_B - 21/2/09 at 09:02 PM

well done mate, have fun on the bike.

stuart

owelly - 21/2/09 at 09:14 PM

And remember, every time you're out on the bike, just think that every car driver is trying to kill you.................
That way, you can anticipate the stupid things that they'll do!

Miks15 - 21/2/09 at 09:17 PM

o ye i kno, someone reverse into me whilst out on my moped last year, so well aware of the dangers of cars

Dangle_kt - 21/2/09 at 09:46 PM

have fun.

My 33bhp restriction washers on the intake of by cbr400rr fell off after a few weeks.

Antnicuk - 21/2/09 at 10:24 PM

well done, ride safe and as though your are invisible

idl1975 - 21/2/09 at 10:35 PM

Well done that man...just in time for the weather to improve. And some track days...

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
I passed my motorbike test yesterday. Unfortunatly since im only 17 its only restricted access so bikes only at 33BHP for now. (but ive heard they seem to fall out very quickly?)

Anyway just like to share my joy and say how much fun it is already and ive only been out for one long ride.

For those who missed my thread ages ago when i first bought the bike here it is

Miks15 - 21/2/09 at 10:39 PM

Cheers everyone, yeah i know, i wasnt going to bother getting insured on it til march time but since its been nice and dry i got insured yesterday and went straight out for a ride.

Lets just hope it stays dry!

Hellfire - 21/2/09 at 11:38 PM

Best thing I did was pass my Bike Test!

Makes you realise how very vunerable you are and learns you how to drive a car properly...

Steve

Shamrock GS - 21/2/09 at 11:44 PM

Well done!

I doubt I could pass mine now. I did it 20 years ago when the emergency stop involved a man in a mac jumping out from behind a car! You'd be arrested for that nowadays.

Ride safe

Gary

Simon - 22/2/09 at 12:55 AM

Now, you've passed the governments idea of a test, join RoSPA and/or IAM and learn to ride properly

ATB

Simon

Peteff - 22/2/09 at 09:56 AM

I went to Nottingham on my Hornet yesterday and saw a Fireblade rider being picked up by the ambulance on the side of the A60. He didn't look very good

mads - 22/2/09 at 11:28 AM

congratulations. May you have many days of sunshine on your back and dry roads in front

And as everyone has said, ride as if you are invisible and take it easy.