Board logo

Madness on top gear
Danozeman - 20/11/05 at 09:41 PM

Did anyone see it? That lovely RS4 against that mad git climbing up the mountain the jumping off again?

big_wasa - 20/11/05 at 09:56 PM

Beter was the big-boys toys, the radio controled cars

Simon - 20/11/05 at 09:57 PM

Yeah, decided I wasn't going to watch it anymore, cos of the buffoon, but watched the r/c cars, then the buffoon in the RS4. So glad the climbers won, especially the base jump!

If one of these stunts goes wrong, it'll be the enf of his career. Unfortunately it will mean someone else getting hurt.

ATB

Simon

Danozeman - 20/11/05 at 10:01 PM

Forgot about the r/c cars. they were brilliant. Id love a go with one. Cant believe they were beaten by a 12 year old!!

pajsh - 20/11/05 at 10:22 PM

Love him or hate him JC certainly has it sewn up.

I can just see him sitting down at night and thinking "what fun can I have next with the license payers money" or "what car do I really want to drive"

That climber was incredible but he knew exactly what he was doing. I probably took relatively greater risk Karting this afternoon. :-)

Just a bit of a pointless exercise but not as bad as the tank and the Range Rover though or the snipers and the Merc.

You'd probably do it too if you could get away with it.

pajsh - 20/11/05 at 10:23 PM

YES!

I thought post 100 would make me a "Builder" at last!

jonno - 20/11/05 at 10:33 PM

I was surprised how quick Ian Wright was.. it did'nt look tidy, only using 2 wheels at one point

davidwag - 20/11/05 at 10:36 PM

Hi,

Did anyone watch the program about land speed records on after top gear.

Anyone feel like strapping a jet engine on top of their car and going for some sort of record.

You might need a couple of spoilers when you get past 600 MPH

David

MkIndy7 - 20/11/05 at 11:09 PM

Is an amazing program had seen it once before.

Imagine trying to get some info on how to rebuild the engine you've just bought only to be told "i'm sorry sir thats still classified" then trying to come confiscate the engine

...then after spending 6 months rebuilding it from scrap with no plans, some ritch bas**rd somehow goes out buy's 1!

A very good tale of brains and inginuity over endless money!

dl_peabody - 20/11/05 at 11:14 PM

What season is Top Gear on now? 7th season?

When does your Tele season start?

I am kinda missing Dr Who and Top gear....

Is Battlestar galactia still premeiring there first?

Kinda off topic a bit sorry.

stevebubs - 20/11/05 at 11:21 PM

Top gear Season - who knows?

Dr Who's not back until the new year although there is a christmas episode due before then

Battlestar series 2 has already been on in the US - 1st 10 episodes anyway, think the remainder will be on in the new year. Not sure if sky or sci fi have the rights now (was Sky in the UK, Sci Fi in the US)

liam.mccaffrey - 20/11/05 at 11:35 PM

some clever editing on the rock climber bit! made him look intergalactically amazing when his achieviement was only fantastically amazing.

Every 20-30 feet maybe he would have had to stop for his belay guy to climb up to meet him. Bloody impressive though I'm very envious and nice car too!

GeoffT - 20/11/05 at 11:45 PM

How was it filmed? Was there a guy on a rope above them both with a camera?

Peteff - 20/11/05 at 11:56 PM

There was a helicopter below them at one point, may have had something to do with it.

dl_peabody - 21/11/05 at 07:00 AM

Thanks for the info

G.Man - 21/11/05 at 07:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Forgot about the r/c cars. they were brilliant. Id love a go with one. Cant believe they were beaten by a 12 year old!!

They weren't, she was 15...

britishtrident - 21/11/05 at 08:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dl_peabody
What season is Top Gear on now? 7th season?

When does your Tele season start?

I am kinda missing Dr Who and Top gear....

Is Battlestar galactia still premeiring there first?

Kinda off topic a bit sorry.

More like the 27th season under the top gear name.
I used to be called "Wheelbase" and started about 1967 the name changed in the early/mid 1970s. It skipped a couple of years when most of the team deffected to 5th gear.
Over the years any connection with real cars progresively went down the toilet.

Dillinger1977 - 21/11/05 at 08:33 AM

surprised nobody has mentioned that v12 road-legal retro race car yet!!
wow!
cant remember its name..

(and what a good idea making the cycle wings have a tyre tread so when its parked its barely noticeable. )

edit:ahaaa... Vanwall is the name..
http://www.vanwallcars.com

[Edited on 21/11/05 by Dillinger1977]

andyd - 21/11/05 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman

They weren't, she was 15...

Oh no they weren't. I think you'll find she was 13!

Peteff - 21/11/05 at 10:24 AM

The Vanwall with the Jaguar engine. Stirling Moss drove the original. I liked the tyre tread on the mudguards (which didn't quite cover the tyres ), nice effect.

marcyboy - 21/11/05 at 11:00 AM

that vanwall was nice but £50k,

did look good though and sounded awesome

Jonr - 21/11/05 at 12:23 PM

The vanwall was fantastic, I want those cyclewings, can certainly see a market for them. The car seemed huge or was that just the hamster driving it?

ReMan - 21/11/05 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jonr
, I want those cyclewings, can certainly see a market for them.

Me too!
So who's going to be thefirst to put them on a lowercost car?

paulf - 21/11/05 at 10:47 PM

I saw the car at last years historic motorsport show, it is a fantastic car and i ould love one, but the one thing that stood out was how crap the wings look . I thought that they were a quick bodged on afterthought to make it legal and would have to fall off the first time you used it.
Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by Jonr
, I want those cyclewings, can certainly see a market for them.

Me too!
So who's going to be thefirst to put them on a lowercost car?

Mark Allanson - 21/11/05 at 11:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
The Vanwall with the Jaguar engine. Stirling Moss drove the original. I liked the tyre tread on the mudguards (which didn't quite cover the tyres ), nice effect.

Why oh why did they not let the Stig lose with it?