Board logo

Sweeney Todd
Jasper - 28/1/08 at 11:19 AM

Genius movie, I even liked the singing and music and I usually hate musicals, if you liked Sleepy Hollow you'll love it.

BTW - saw No Country for Old Men last week too, another excellent movie with a very odd ending .......

BenB - 28/1/08 at 12:02 PM

And there was me trying to avoid it. My misses loves Burton's stuff. Sleepy Hollow is favorite movie of hers!!! Uses it for teaching at her school all the time (try and get the kids to write atmospheric essays).
Now that Sweeney Todd has had the offical Locostbuilders(tm) seal of approval there'll be no avoiding it!!!

Spag - 28/1/08 at 12:21 PM

You can spoil a good viewing of Sleepy Hollow by pointing out that Ichabod Crane occasionally looks a bit like Father Dougal, and providing some alternative dialog...

Ah Ted, so they'll all be dead then ???

flak monkey - 28/1/08 at 12:39 PM

Excellent, I am a big fan of Burtons films too, so will be off to the cinema next weekend

MikeR - 28/1/08 at 01:03 PM

Alerady got the tickets - going at the weekend and we've booked a leather sofa with waiter service!

(lets just say someone else was rather keen to go and make an evening of it!)

jono_misfit - 28/1/08 at 03:17 PM

Well worth going to see. Helen bonham Carter plays a great weird worman. Its a bit like the marla character in Fight Club.

I fancy seeing the stage show now.