Board logo

Great Yorks Cruise-This Weekend
Rob Lane - 23/4/08 at 02:44 PM

A real legal organised event.

Apparently the council have decided it's best to have a legal cruise rather than an unauthorised one.

http://www.greatyorkshirecruise.co.uk/

[Edited on 23/4/08 by Rob Lane]

blakep82 - 23/4/08 at 03:08 PM

i good idea! they did the same thing in Greenock years ago. haven't heard of any for a while...

though i'm not sure of the logo... the GY cruise... looks a bit close to gay cruise

Rob Lane - 23/4/08 at 11:53 PM

Well hit me with a handbag!

andyps - 24/4/08 at 09:48 AM

It is being promoted on the West Yorkshire Scamera partnership website which is enough to make sure I won't go anywhere near - I hope everyone else does exactly the same. Surely, a legal, organised cruise is a show and that is not the point of them. Or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time)?

DarrenW - 24/4/08 at 09:57 AM

There is a one being arranged in Durham too. Aparently there is a blat / tour past several fatal accident sites planned.

I think i saw it yesterdays Northern Echo.
Page 12 - Hot Rod cruise. This saturday. Starts 10am at the Belmont park and ride in Carrville. www.cruizin-style.co.uk

DarrenW - 24/4/08 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyps
It is being promoted on the West Yorkshire Scamera partnership website which is enough to make sure I won't go anywhere near - I hope everyone else does exactly the same. Surely, a legal, organised cruise is a show and that is not the point of them. Or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time)?

I know what you mean - its a bit like local councils putting on a graffiti competition and bringing in loads of 8 x 4 sheets for the occasion then filming everyone doing their stuff for future posterity. Might as well just finger print everyone when starting school.