Board logo

GSXR 600 carb spares and jet size
Paul TigerB6 - 12/2/09 at 04:22 PM

Anyone know where i might be able to get some bits required for some Suzuki carbs (besides Suzuki main dealers)??

I need a few viton o-rings (6mm) for the inter carb fuel lines and also a small spring that pushes the inter carb linkage against the adjuster screw.

Any suppliers out there that anyone has used??

Also, can anyone recommend a jet size for a standard 2L Pinto to get the car through SVA and to the rolling road. Standard ones are 125's which i am guessing might be a touch small. Is there anything other than jets needs doing to the carbs such as air holes getting blocked etc??

Ta muchly

[Edited on 12/2/09 by Paul TigerB6]

whitestu - 12/2/09 at 04:42 PM

I'm running 1.6 mains with my ZX6R carbs which seems about right [2.0 Zetec].

I'll have an ARF meter on it soon so should be able to give a better answer then.

Stu

idl1975 - 12/2/09 at 04:47 PM

Paul

Suzuki doesn't make the carbs. They will be Keihin or Mikuni carbs (see your carb for details ). Any bike shop, and certainly any dealership with a dyno on site should be able to sell you jets, alternatively contact the importers for the appropriate brand.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Anyone know where i might be able to get some bits required for some Suzuki carbs (besides Suzuki main dealers)??

I need a few viton o-rings (6mm) for the inter carb fuel lines and also a small spring that pushes the inter carb linkage against the adjuster screw.

Any suppliers out there that anyone has used??

Also, can anyone recommend a jet size for a standard 2L Pinto to get the car through SVA and to the rolling road. Standard ones are 125's which i am guessing might be a touch small. Is there anything other than jets needs doing to the carbs such as air holes getting blocked etc??

Ta muchly

[Edited on 12/2/09 by Paul TigerB6]

will121 - 12/2/09 at 05:41 PM

ive got a set of 4 mikuni main jets 165 size which were to big for my zx6 1600cvh setup and a spring 10mm long 6mm dia if of use £10 posted, otherwise should be able to get universal Orings and springs to suit and jets from a mike shop with a dyno