Board logo

Pinto shallow sump
chrisg - 25/8/02 at 08:07 PM

Hello chaps,

As some of you may know I've been having a little engine trouble (I'm also a master of understatement)

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining.

I've found out the Granada Mk3's with the pinto engine have a shallow sump as standard!!!!

No more sump chops, no more searching for expensive RS 2000 bits.

If someone else already knew this

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

Cheers

Chris

bran - 25/8/02 at 08:47 PM

Chris, what reg is MK 3, I've got an E reg 2.0L which I might use the engine and box in my locost, the only downside it's done 200K, but still runs well except for the noisy cam. If it's got a shallow sump I might give it a rebuild.

Colin

chrisg - 25/8/02 at 09:52 PM

Mk 3's started at D reg I believe but the engine changed to the DOHC at F or G reg.

The one I'm stripping is an E reg too, a 2.0 Ghia, the sump is level with the bottom of the gearbox bellhousing - perfect!

Cheers

Chris

locodude - 25/8/02 at 10:06 PM

Chris
Don't forget to check the oil pump drive!
Chris PTM
BTW you missed a cracking run out over the cat and fiddle with jon and bryn. That Isons a lunatic. But boy can that car accelerate. Now where's that blade engine I heard was for sale?

johnston - 25/8/02 at 11:05 PM

the mk3 is the one that looks like an over grown seirra

fuz - 26/8/02 at 11:38 AM

To chris G.
I have a 2.0L Pinto from a sierra and was going to take my sump to MK to have it modified. Could I just put a sump from a Granada Straight onto my pinto. Also what about the the oil pick up pipe. Do you think i could replace my pinto one with a granada one.

Cheers

fuz

chrisg - 26/8/02 at 08:35 PM

Don't see why not, all the pintos have the same bolt pattern on the sump, and it's just three bolts to change the oil pickup pipe, and a new gasket.

Cheers

Chris

bran - 26/8/02 at 09:34 PM

bran - 26/8/02 at 09:34 PM

bran - 26/8/02 at 09:39 PM

Chris, many thanks for the granada sump info.

Colin.