Board logo

Air fuel ratio meter
richard thomas - 20/12/07 at 07:40 PM

Hallo,

Has anybody got a recommendation for, or had experience of one of the above? Plenty on the market, but would rather buy one that is a known quantity. I'm looking at the full system inc. the lambda sensor...

Cheers, Rich.

Ricks-9r - 20/12/07 at 08:29 PM

I've got a innovate wideband LC-1 + XD-16 http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php has data logging feature ,changeable faces , bezels ,led colours & a forum for support etc ,i brought it mainly for mapping from the US off a guy on eBay , , was about £200 posted ,not fitted it yet though

locoR1 - 20/12/07 at 08:54 PM

Same as above of ebay as well good bit of kit! i would highly recommend it!
my cars never been near a rolling road and hasn't gone bang yet

muzchap - 20/12/07 at 10:06 PM

I agree with Dragon.

We used that to get a 'running' base map on my Zetec - then I took it to the local rolling road - the guys spent an hour balancing my Throttle Bodies and then we did the power runs.

Standard unit running Gixer TB's = 156hp and 136lbft torque.

The torque was definitely helped by the brilliant exhaust made by Colin @ MAC#1 motorsports. It really gave the car a big punch out of the corner.

They are prone to breaking quite a bit and there's a fair bit of rigmoral in sending them back...

And the rolling road boys pay around £3k+ for their AFRatio meter - so some indication there of the 'sensitivity'

But a good bit of kit nonetheless.

MC

richard thomas - 20/12/07 at 10:42 PM

Thanks Lads,

Looking for something to give me a safety net when i get around to strapping the turbo to mine - can't afford to let it go pop!! Thinking i'll get some basic set ups done before rolling road...

bigrich - 20/12/07 at 10:54 PM

Richard are you doing a diy turbo install or a "proper" kit of parts as I'm thinking along similar lines myself
The BEC turbo idea really intrests and dare i say excites me aswell,
i would be interested in you thoughts etc

Rich