Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A Good day in the garage.....
r1_pete

posted on 14/9/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
A Good day in the garage.....

Started with this
stock manifold
stock manifold

Cut it down some, and then some more
Version 2, first tentative cut
Version 2, first tentative cut

Made some of these
runner
runner

Welded it altogether
Manifold2
Manifold2

Manifold1
Manifold1

Next stage is injectors and fuel rail.

Plan was to build an efi manifold and buy the TIG set to do it for less than the £1475 for a Mangoletsi setup, and I;m still way under £1000 including the R Tech 160 TIG.

[Edited on 14/9/13 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 14/9/13 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Nice work keep the photos coming
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 14/9/13 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Good work.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

T66

posted on 14/9/13 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Tidy work, a good day !

BaileyPerformance

posted on 15/9/13 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Did you consider using the standard SU inlet with Jenvey SU to throttle body conversion plate? Then 3 standard single Jenvey throttle bodies with and injector in each?

We have a 1968 3.8 e type in the workshop at the mo, mangoletsi SU inlets with his new twin cable linkage and peddle box. (The car is left hand drive)

The man himself turned up to take some measurements from it, bit of a surprise to meet a legend.

We are retaining the SUs, just fitting megajolt, will be interesting to see what power it produces.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
40inches

posted on 15/9/13 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
That's excellent work Pete, nice to see the Triumph throttle bodies worked out. Have you sorted the fuel rail?

r1_pete

posted on 15/9/13 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance
Did you consider using the standard SU inlet with Jenvey SU to throttle body conversion plate? Then 3 standard single Jenvey throttle bodies with and injector in each?

I don't have a tri SU manifold, I'm running twin SUs and Megajolt at the moment, I did think about two single point SU injectors, but liked the idea of the injectors in the standard Jag (XJ6) position. Plus its cost me less than £100 in parts to get this far.
It was the Mangoletsi Direct to head injection setup I was fancying, very neat and tidy but a tad pricey.... Mangoletsi

Fuel rail is the next job, I've got a couple of D shaped extrusions, I'm a bit apprehensive about drilling them though, I'm using Subaru injectors so might try and get a cheap Subaru rail to measure so I'm sure the hole dia is correct.

[Edited on 15/9/13 by r1_pete]

40inches

posted on 15/9/13 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Are Subaru injectors different from the Bosch injectors? I have a Jaguar steel fuel rail that may fit, you are welcome to try it.

r1_pete

posted on 15/9/13 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
They are different Dave, I think I need an 11mm drilling in the rail for the injector O ring, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
40inches

posted on 15/9/13 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
The Jag rail is 13.3 dia and the injector "O" ring 14.7, they don't mean them to leak, do they?

BaileyPerformance

posted on 15/9/13 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance

I don't have a tri SU manifold, I'm running twin SUs and Megajolt at the moment, I did think about two single point SU injectors, but liked the idea of the injectors in the standard Jag (XJ6) position. Plus its cost me less than £100 in parts to get this far.
It was the Mangoletsi Direct to head injection setup I was fancying, very neat and tidy but a tad pricey.... Mangoletsi

Fuel rail is the next job, I've got a couple of D shaped extrusions, I'm a bit apprehensive about drilling them though, I'm using Subaru injectors so might try and get a cheap Subaru rail to measure so I'm sure the hole dia is correct.

[Edited on 15/9/13 by r1_pete]

Humm... My mistake, a had assumed all e types had the 3 SU setup, we are looking at an injection setup for the 2 SU setup using the Jenvey TBs, we will be using an air box and MAF as we find a MAF to be the best and most accurate regarding fuelling.

As for the e type in the workshop at the mo we are sticking with the SUs, to be honest the fuelling is not too bad, 14afr light throttle, bit rich (12afr) full throttle but I think that's due to the poor air box setup. The car made 195bhp and 250lbft with the stock dizzy and points. We'll see what megajolt does for it.

As for your injectors a set from a 325 BMW would be spot on i think.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
r1_pete

posted on 15/9/13 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I got the car with triple 45 DCOEs, the SUs are on a US spec Twin Stromberg manifold modded to remove the secondary chamber.

All UK E Types had tri carbs, it was the US emission regs which gave rise to the Strombergs for their market.

I've got a bag full of 420cc Subaru / Denso injectors I'm planning on using, fuel rail is next weekend's job, unless its fit to get the car out to make room to put the bonnet back together for the 4th time.....

I have never RR'd the car but the Megajolt made a noticeable difference.

Cheers.
Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.